Crown Princess Spring Break Sailing

crazee4cruzin

Hello, hope someone can give me some insight. I am going on the Crown next March and I am concerned about Spring Breakers. I went on the Star in April 05 and loved it. Passengers were nice people. No party animals. That is one of the reasons why we chose Princess. The passengers are more calm. Thanks for any input!:)

imho i will not cruise again in march or april unless its a 10day or more cruise. this past march we had tons of college breakers (they were far more worse than the younger kids)i sat on a tender while i had kids puking their guts up all over our group, not to mention the loud obnoxious foul words and drunkeness. Some kids were not even aloud back on the ship in cozumel.

April 2 years ago more of younger teens and kids and their families, just more busier than i like.

if u are going to go in march i would try for the 1st week or try getting the college break website for 2007 someone sent it to me and i was already booked.

dont get me wrong i like a good time i am in my 30's but i also didnt spend money for a relaxing vacation to watch college kids puking and acting like idiots.

I was on the Grand during spring break in 2005 out of Galveston. Alot of kids on it but there was "youth security" making sure passengers behaved. Some irresponsible teens/young adults on the tenders with beer...dumping the bottles on the floor for the rest of us to trip on. Otherwise it wasn't bad at all.

And then I was on the Golden out of San Juan during 2006 spring break and there were alot less kids/teens and I didn't see any problems except a few kids playing with the elevators.

If you can pick another week I would choose it...the ship was full both times and there were line ups for some things.

It's a crap shoot between March 1 and May 1. Just because someone says week XX was no problem for them does not mean the same to be true the same week you go the next year. It could be as high as half the ship. There is no way you can pre predicte how many are going to be on your week. However if the Crown is still a 10 day cruise out of NYC you have a better chance of it not having spring breakers since they are looking for the 7 day cruise plus that's probably all they can afford.

I cruise alot in March during spring break. Only because that is when I can go. I find the Southern Caribbean itinerary doesn't seem to attract many spring breakers. They tend to go out of Florida.

That is my experience. I'm sailing on the Crown 3/10/07. We will be fine.

I cruise alot in March during spring break. Only because that is when I can go. I find the Southern Caribbean itinerary doesn't seem to attract many spring breakers. They tend to go out of Florida.

That is my experience. I'm sailing on the Crown 3/10/07. We will be fine.

i agree!!! ft lauderdale is the place to stay away from in april/march

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input. Since we are sailing out of San Juan, there probably won't be too many Spring Breakers. I also randomly checked some college websites and some of the midwest colleges are out early to mid March. The Southern colleges are out late March early April. It varies. Happy cruising!:)

Having only graduated a couple years ago - I can give you some insight.

1. Middle of March is by far the most popular time for spring break for most universities on semesters. Tri-mester schools are a little later but there arent that many of them.

2. Several posters above alluded to it - Spring breakers are going to take the cheapest cruise possible. Money is always an issue and many kids want to drive to the ports to save money on flights and spend it on beer.

3. The Crown next year leaves out of San Juan in March. This is not very appealing to college spring breakers. They dont want to fly to San Juan first and then fly home

4. College kids will be looking predominately at Carnival and RCI. Princess doesnt really appeal as much to this market.

You should be fine on your cruise.

Tony

College spring break is in March, public school spring break is in April. If you pick a cruise less than 7 days, it will have lots of spring breakers on it during these months. Schools get a week off so cruises 9 or more days won't have nearly as many spring breakers on it.

On most lines the kids have to be 21 or over to book a cabin. Drinking age is also 21 on most ships. I'm sure they still get alot of spring breakers, but most college students are under 21. College spring breakers typically go where it's cheap and where they can drink. You're still going to get plenty of high school kids on spring break with their parents.

Archived