A slightly different question about when to eat at Portofino's

Dh and I are sailing on 7/16/04, Voyager of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ. It's really neat that we're sailing out of there as I was born there and lived right by the Bayonne bridge.

My question is: Our 24th anniverssary is on the 19th of July. Should we eat at Portofino's the first night (as previously suggested on these boards) or eat there on our anniverssary night or maybe another night?

Just trying to get some opinions here. Dh is not a "foodie", but I am. He found the menus on another site and knew I would be drooling. He will pick the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc off of his food. I will try new things, and love every minute of it. Hoepfully, if any of you are our tablemates, you can ignore his "dissection". LOL

Go on your anniversary, Get a table for two by a window. Just remember to tell your dinning room waiter that you will not be there that night. They will then not have to wait for you. It is well worth the fee and additional tip which we added.

Enjoy,

Steve

I spent my wedding night at Portofino's and thought it was just perfect. It's so private and romantic. The staff are wonderful. Make sure you mention that it will be your anniversary, so they can really treat you special. Unlike my DH, I'm a picky eater and I still enjoyed the experience.

We ate there twice while on the Voyager in Oct.Also on our Anniversary week.But the night of our Anniversary just happened to be lobster night in the dining room. So we ate in the dining room on our Anniversary and at Portifinos on Caribbean night because that is our least favorite night in the dining room.Either way you go the dinner is great at Portifinos and very very filling.Dont eat a large lunch that day.............Enjoy and have fun............

Archived