Rhapsody or Enchantment

I need some help. We are choosing between the Rhapsody of the Seas or the Enchantment. We will be traveling with 4 children (ages 9-13-14-17). Putting the number of days of the cruise and the ports of call aside, which ship would you vetern cruisers recommend?

Rhapsody and Enchantment are the same class ship, the difference would be in the departure ports and the itinerary. If those are your choices, choose between them from departure cities and ports.

If you're looking to keep your kids occupied, I'd have to reiterate about going with a Voyager class.

As much as we would love to go on the voyager class ships, with 6 of us we have to be realistic on cost. We are going to have to stay with the older ships just so we can afford to go!

I think you will end up being pleased with either ship. I sailed on the Rhapsody because it was within a days drive of where I live. This cut down on travel cost for our family of 5. I enjoyed the itinerary of the Rhapsody with three port days and three sea days. I really enjoy a day at sea for my first day. This gives me chance to explore the ship and learn the layout.

But anyway, my guess is you'll be happy with either ship so look at the itinerary and the travel expenses to get to the departure ports and choose according to those.

As others have stated, the stretching and refurb on Enchantment added some extra features, including the larger pool deck with splash deck for kids, the bungie trampoline, and the adult friendly boleros and chops. We cruised on enchantment w/o DS but loved the ship. I would highly recommend the enchantment if the distance to port is the same for your choices.

w/ 6 people, are you considering 2 staterooms (I hope)? email me at logan1_2000@yahoo.com and I can pass along a bit of stateroom experience you might find helpful.

As much as we would love to go on the voyager class ships, with 6 of us we have to be realistic on cost. We are going to have to stay with the older ships just so we can afford to go!

The prices on the Voyager cruises out of Galveston are quite reasonable atm, tho I suppose that's farther in the future than you're considering.

My kids are 12 and 14, and honestly I would have to suggest the Carnival ships due to the pool areas and slides on board. We sailed on the Rhapsody in November (Thanksgiving) and the Conquest followed us the whole trip, my kids spent every stop drooling over the slide. Hence, we will be on the Conquest in 12 days.....I thought my kids would love the rock climbing wall on RC, but parents have to sign a waiver each time the kids want to climb - not per day, EACH time. Not to knock the Rhapsody, it had a great kids program and was a very enjoyeable family trip. Good luck!

Enchantment, although the twin of Rhapsody, was stretched and now offers more options, like Chops Grill and boleros, as well as a bigger pool deck.

Schplinky,

I noticed on another threat a week or so ago that you would have info about menu's and the daily compass or whatever. Looking forward to seeing that info and your pictures!

Archived