2 days for Amalfi coast?

I have made several inquiries regarding drivers for the Amalfi coast, from recommendations on this board. One driver who comes highly recommended, Salvatore of Drive Amalfi, suggested that since our ship is in this area for two days, we should take two tours. The first day would be Pompei, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine Penninsula. The second day would be the Amalfi coast, visiting Amalfi, Positano and Ravello. Since we have never been to Italy before, my question to those of you who are familiar with the itinerary is whether this makes sense. Do we really need two days to do this, or should we combine Pompeii with the Amalfi coast drive on one day and do something on our own the second day? We don't want to be sorry afterwards that we missed something, but on the other hand, these are very expensive days. Any feedback from experienced Italy cruisers would be appreciated. Thank you.

We did a wonderful private tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast with Marcello. I would have loved to make this a two day tour, since we didn't get as much time as we would have liked on the Amalfi Coast. But then again, I don't think it would be possible to spend as much time as I would like. We return there next year and will be able to spend the full day on the Amalfi Coast, since we have already been to Pompeii.

That can easily take 2 days and they are expensive days but so worth it. Keep in mind there can be quite a bit of driving distance between areas so it does take time to get around to some places. Part of the beauty of the day is the driving time, gorgeous scenery. You could spend a week there and not see everything. Go, spend the time and enjoy!(JMHO)

Missyal

We did the Amalfi Coast, the towns of Positano and Amalfi, a lunch stop at a restaurant overlooking Amalfi and the coast, plus Pompeii (2 hours) during one day with Salvatore. It didn't seem rushed and unless you like to spend time wandering around the towns (we had 1/2 hour in each town) - the day might be stretched out a bit without the stop at Pompeii (our tour went from 8:30 a.m. till 6 p.m.)

If you want to see Vesuvius, then a second day with Salvatore might be worthwhile, but if you wanted to do something on your own, you can go to Capri and Sorrento.

We really enjoyed our day with Salvatore, but if I were spending two days there, I think I'd like one day to explore on my own.

Archived