Question on Princess air

wwinfl91

We have just signed up for a TA cruise from Rome to New Orleans and signed up for their air. The price was really good against what I have been seeing for TA flights.

My question deals with being able to get an earlier flight than the day of the cruise. How hard is it to work with Princess to change the date of the flight to 5-7 days earlier than it would be just to fly over and make the cruise.

We used Princess air on a Med cruise a couple of years ago and although we did have to transfer twice to get from Orlando to Barcelona (Orlando to Dulles, Dulles to Munich, Munich to Barcelona), we just took the flight the day of the cruise and didn't ask for any deviation.

I am interested in what experiences other CC cruisers have had with Princess air and changing the date of the flight.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Have a great next cruise.

The times we have used Princess air in the last few years it has been $75 pp for the deviation fee.

As for arriving early, you can work with Princess. There can possibly be a higher charge depending on what they can find for you. The actual cost is $75 plus any charges over what they would pay to get you on the original flights.

You will never know until you check though.

Thanks for the info. I booked the cruise directly on the Internet (at least put down a deposit) so I will give Princess a call tomorrow and see what deal is on a deviation.

Thanks for your replies.

According to the brochure, the cost is $50pp but this is in the Canada/New England brochure. Perhaps it is $75pp for longer flights.

I guess I should have also mentioned that when we pay the $75 pp it has always been for international flights.

When we used Princess air I found that if you know what flights and times and dates we liked and thought was best. International was a $75 fee. But that's of course you make no other changes. Because if you make a choice then change something, you'll get another $75 fee. So it was great. I got the time and date and airline I wanted. A friend who took the regular Princess air for the same cruise, she was 22 hours and had 2 long lay overs and was all over the map and just got to the cruise just before we left. We came in a day early and spent a lovely day enjoying the first port before we sailed. Our flight was 9 hours and no stops. We spent deviation fee and all a little over $125 more than our friend, do I think it was money well spent...YES!

Like I said knowing what flights that are available and even possibly what airline Princess uses and your TA should know the airlines being used. Are usually a big help. It dosen't always work out exactly what you wanted, but it's worth looking into.

It is 75.00 but if you book a hotel with them, they waive the 75.00 fee
Is this something new?

We have always been charged the $75 pp even when booking a pre-cruise hotel with Princess.

Archived