ms Zaandam - Alaska 5/5/06

Mark & Joyce

Thanks so much for that slideshow. It brought back memories of our trip two summers ago. My son is now on the Zaandamn working as the sound technician, so your pics gave me a visual of what he's been telling me about the snow on the mountains.

A friend from work told me about the ProShow Gold program and after seeing this I think I'm going to order it.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/

Member Name: markeasterly

Enjoy!!!:)

Mark & Joyce

Oh my gosh; what can i say: Wow, Awsome. Thank you so much for sharing your pics. I have been to Alaska three times; but I sat here watching your slide show with chills and tears. Brought back so many wonderful memories of my trip. Quite a presentation and totally loved the music by Enya. And the Zaandam is one of our most favorite ships. We know so many of the crew members on board; we always feel like we are coming to our second home. Once again, thank you so much for your review and pics.

Mark and Joyce,

thank you for the wonderful slideshow! I loved the picture of you 'mummified' on deck wrapped in blankets up to your necks :) You captured some magnificent scenery - the whale's tails, the bald eagles, the seals, the glaciers - wow!! Great job!! Your formal pictures were also fabulous. What a great looking couple! So glad you enjoyed your cruise. I, too, would like to know the cameras you used; you seemed to have a pretty good zoom lens, right?

Thanks again!

Thanks Everybody!!!:)

Richard...we took all pics with a Kodak Z740, great camera for the money. It has a 10X zoom but I only use the first 5X, optical zoom...the second 5X is digital zoom and really makes the pics grainy.

Also, the Proshow Gold software has several motion effects such as zoom and pan...which I used in several of the slides.

We are really glad you all have enjoyed the review and pics!!

Mark & Joyce

I am trying to see these pictures but I am not getting anything but the lovely title page. I even signed on. DO I need to download anything? Can't wait to see these pics because I'm sailing on the Zaandam in June!

Yes, I did that but I get a message that it is waiting for info from the server. My computer may be too slow or AOL is blocking it. I'll try at work tomorrow because the description from the others is great! thanks

i was on this sailing also, my first with hal. i too couldn't see the photos. think you need a download and for me it said there was an error and to contact the photodex. i was out for three weeks, two touring the canadian rockies before getting onto the zaandam. cruise was really nice and the weather not bad for alaska, actually very pleasant when we were in glacier bay. everyone heading up i hope you enjoy your trip!

jeralyn ;)

I was very impressed by your photos. We took the Zaandam last year on an inside passage cruise R/T out of Vancouver and loved it so much, we're returning on the Oosterdam in 8 days. :eek: 8 Days!!! Can't wait.

Thanks again for sharing your photos, your slide show was awesome!!! :D

Sam

Hello Mark and Joyce :

I´m going to Sitka with my mother in law (76) and I think She probably will like to walk the totem park, is it easy ?, how long the walk ? it has up´s and down´s ? looking at Your pic´s it seems like an easy and beautifull walk.

Thank You.

Mark and Joyce,

Excellent review and great photographs. In 2005 September, we cruised to Alaska too. The weather was very nice and warm but most of the icebergs melted in Tracy Arms. I really enjoyed reading your reviews and thank you for sharing it.

Mozart,

The Totem Park is about 1/3 mile from where the tenders dock. The trail where the totems are displayed is 1 mile long and completely flat. Very easy to walk and plenty of places to stop and take in the sites, well worth the walk. We were in Sitka for a good part of the day so there is plenty of time to walk and shop most of the town.

Mark & Joyce

Mark & Joyce-

Is there any way that one can save the slideshow presentation to disk? I would love to show my parents the show, but they have an older computer with dialup and I can only imagine how long it would take for them to watch it. You did a wonderful job on it.

Hi fellow cruisers:

I'm going to Alaska for the first time and on the MS Zaandam, also for the first time, in July. I have sailed a few times on RCI on the Explorer of the Seas which is quite a bit larger. I know the rooms on that ship, but now on the Zaandam. I'm a little worried about being so low on the ship. I am in an FF cat. cabin, at the back of the ship, #1955.

Has anyone been in that cabin? Or near it? Is is noisy? My only real concern is that I am a bit claustrophobic and being below so many decks is a littly shakey. :( As long as I can see the sky, and it's not too noisy, I'll be fine.

Any input?

Marshgirl

PS: incredibly fun photos all!:D

May I ask you?

Was the pool chlorine or just salt water?

My understanding is that the Lido Pool (the one under the retractable roof) is chlorine and the outside pool on the aft deck is salt water.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! I guess you are all getting home soon and will be back on the board? Anyone in Cabin 1955?

Just dying to hear about your trip!

I'm sure there is some sadness when it's over, but no better way to savour it than to keep your photos and other info posted for a short time. Most of my cruise threads seem to go on after the cruise for about 3-6 months!

The photo albums are always fun, and really help first timers, like me on the Zaandam, "see" the ship.

TIA

-Marshgirl

Guess I am getting off topic but.......If any of you future Zaandam cruisers could check out cabin 1804 or 1805 for me I would really appreciate it! Maybe even a picture or two of it? :)

They are in the bow of Dolphin deck and have 2 portholes.

Hello again! I guess you are all getting home soon and will be back on the board? Anyone in Cabin 1955?

Just dying to hear about your trip!

I'm sure there is some sadness when it's over, but no better way to savour it than to keep your photos and other info posted for a short time. Most of my cruise threads seem to go on after the cruise for about 3-6 months!

The photo albums are always fun, and really help first timers, like me on the Zaandam, "see" the ship.

TIA

-Marshgirl

1955 is a handicap cabin......I would like to see that too because my mom needs handicap cabins when she travels.

We need someone to volenteer to check out these cabins when they are aboard. Any volenteers? Cabin 1805 , 1804 and 1955.:)

Archived