Flight in MIA @ 10am, straight to the port or hang out at the airport?

I will be arriving in MIA on June 30 @ 10 am for my 3 Day cruise on Majesty of the Seas. Should I go straight to the port or are there other places to hang out? Should I just hang out at the airport until 12 noon and then head out the port? I'll probably take a cab to the port with my two daughters (7 and 14). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It won't be that late..........but you should arrive at the pier by 11am or so.........why not wait to board the ship.......I would take that over the airport any day.

Go to the ship! Besides, if you get in by 10am it will take a while to get your bags, transportation, etc. Remember that you are one of many arriving on multiple flights for same so you wont end up with that much time between 10 and noon anyway. If you arrive at the port at noon, plan on others doing same, and not just for your ship, but all the other docked to depart. If you make good time, there is an area by the ship that has some great restaurants and shopping available if you want. We have only had to wait to board one time due to Customs delays in clearing the ship, but all others we have actually be on before noon. Your kids will be anxious to see the ship, not sit in the airport. Nothing more exciting than getting near the port and seeing the ships all lined up to go. Check the threads for what to do if arriving early and you will find lots of info about the restaurants.

We always head for the ship as early as possible and with most lines we are on the ship by or close to noon...RCI gets things going pretty early. We were on the Majesty a few weeks ago and are going with my in-laws in August. You'll have a great time so start early!

Last time I did that cruise, we boarded the ship just before 11am, and were not the first people to board. Obviously, not all cruises are going to be ready that early, but I'd just head on over to the port. It will probably be 11am or later by the time you collect everything and get a cab to the port anyway.

Forget Bayside and head to the ship. You only have 3 days--boarding day is your 1st day!!!! You can do Bayside (if you must) before you go home!!!!!

Just remember to take or wear your bathing suit, as your room may not be ready for you until later!

Hit the port.... unless you hear reports of a Norovirus on the previous voyage... If you do then you probably won't board until 2:00 or so.. in that case go to Bayside

(not trying to scare you or anything, just stating some facts)

Archived