Review - Freedom of the Seas

Tracy - We are going to have a GREAT time in June. I did not see our friend BTW.

It can't get here soon enough! Hmmmm, maybe I should allow you entry back into the "hunt for the hottie" contest, although you DO have more clues than everyone else! LOL

T

Tracy,

I was thinking the same thing! I have a feeling you and I will have to trade off between the solarium pool and the flowrider ... with cocktail in hand of course! Nothing like a free show! ;)

Ernie,

Great Minds Think Alike! LOL See you in a very few (hopefully) short weeks!

T

Staff members dressed up in an elephant costume. :) Freida comes through the Promenade at the start of the parade to clear the path.

OK good. I was trying to picture an actual elephant onboard. Stranger things have happened. :)

Thanks.

Patrick, thanks! That really was helpful! On Mariner they only had two desks with people at them. So having 6 kiosks already sounds like an improvement. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough how they work when people come back from the first couple of inaugural cruises.

From what I understand the digital photo kiosks are Royal Caribbean's version of what you'd see in a drugstore or supermarket photo center where you can insert the memory card from your digital camera in order to print images from it or burn them to a CD to give to fellow passengers while you're on the ship. I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that these kiosks won't have anything to do with the photos taken of you by ship photographers. Sorry to let you down, but for now you'll still have to search through all of the pictures on display to find yours!!

From what I understand the digital photo kiosks are Royal Caribbean's version of what you'd see in a drugstore or supermarket photo center where you can insert the memory card from your digital camera in order to print images from it or burn them to a CD to give to fellow passengers while you're on the ship. I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that these kiosks won't have anything to do with the photos taken of you by ship photographers. Sorry to let you down, but for now you'll still have to search through all of the pictures on display to find yours!!

You may be correct, but if I recall correctly, the screen display clearly said pictures could be purchased through the kiosk, as well as download your own digitial images.

You may be correct, but if I recall correctly, the screen display clearly said pictures could be purchased through the kiosk, as well as download your own digitial images.

It's funny--I was looking at my pictures from the ship last night and found one that I took of the kiosk. As soon as I saw it I remembered my post and wanted to let everyone know that I apologize for my earlier statement because it was incorrect.

The kiosk screens say "Welcome to the Royal Caribbean International Photo Kiosk. This will enable you to view the images taken by our onboard photograpers, or download your own images and print. For assistance please contact any available photo staff member."

Hope I was able to clear things up!

The kiosk screens say "Welcome to the Royal Caribbean International Photo Kiosk. This will enable you to view the images taken by our onboard photograpers, or download your own images and print. For assistance please contact any available photo staff member."

Thanks cookieboy1! That helps clear things up! I'm SO glad they've done this & can't wait to hear from our fellow Cruise Critic passengers once the regular cruising schedule starts, to hear how well these work!

It's funny--I was looking at my pictures from the ship last night and found one that I took of the kiosk. As soon as I saw it I remembered my post and wanted to let everyone know that I apologize for my earlier statement because it was incorrect.

Hope I was able to clear things up!

Care to share your wonderful photos.

-ShipShapeCenter. Awesome state-of-the-art equipment. The room really benefits from the additional width, improving traffic flow. The boxing ring is a kind of gimmicky, replacing the Thalossotherapy pool. It will be interesting to see if this is carried onto future ships. Passengers can only box trained crew, not each other.

Oh No!- they replaced the thalosstherapy pool :(

I loved that pool. I hardly ever used the regular hot tubs.

In my haste, I left a few details on Freedom that may be of interest:

+ The bridge that crosses the Royal Promenade actually moves up and down. You'll see it during the parade.

would you please explain this to me as I did not see a parade. Does the bridge move up and out of the way? Or, are you refering to the fact that it does move slightly when you're standing on it (at least it appeared to although it could've just been vertigo on my part OR the drinks)

The bridge is on some kind of track that allows it to move up and down slowly. When it reaches its lowest point some 10 -12 feet above the floor, the bridge is connected to small walkways that swing out from the walls. Hard to describe but very cool. During the parade, they have some acrobats swing and twirl from the bridge on giant-sized rings.

Archived