Document Question

bubbles1209

Wasn't sure where this question should be, figure I'll start here, and if they move it, I'll know next time, so if I'm in the wrong spot, please forgive me, and don't flame me for it. Here goes. We got our docs in yesterday. Dance Dance Dance! Inside of our docs there is a slip, 1 for each of us to fill out. It's an immigration arrival card. Section 1, I understand. Section 2 It says intended stay (nights), ok, we are not gonna be in any ports overnight. Then it says Type of Accommodation and to check all that apply, ok, there is a box that says other, should I check it for the ship? Then it asks for hotel name or Intended Address, do I put the ship's name there? Trip purpose, vacation -no brainer. Not sure what to do being as how our ship isn't gonna be in the ports overnight. It asks for date of arrival, not sure which port this slip is talking about, is it talking about all ports? Or the date arrived on the ship? :eek: Don't wanna mess these up. :eek: When we go to board the ship, will they help us with this? If so, I'll wait and do it there, better safe than sorry. Can ya tell it's our first cruise and I stress too much? Thanks in advance for any answers:) Sorry, we are going to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turks/Caicos, St.Thomas/St.John, & San Juan, Puerto Rico

It would help to know what ports of call you are going to. That way if someone has already filled out that form they would be able to give you more consice answers.

That's a good question. Also, one that I would be asking in oh, about 4 months:) . So, I'm going to watch for a more seasoned cruisers reply. If you don't get a reply here, you may want to call your TA. That's what they are there for!:rolleyes:

Bubbles, does it say anywhere on the slip what country this card is for? It sounds a lot like the Bahamas immigration card. IF so, the arrival date is the date of the port stop there, and use the ship as your address. And yes, if you mess up there will be spare cards onboard and at check in.

I believe they're asking about your US immigration status. Our new and improved national paranoia demands that everybody must justify themselves before existing. We had to fill out similar nosiness before our first cruise, but our travel agent told us what it was about: you are going to be debarking in the US and we don't want just anybody in the US, so explain yourselves!!

Ironic: US citizens have to explain why they want to debark in the US while all along our southern border ...

If you have a travel agent, ask him/her/it.

That's a good question. Also, one that I would be asking in oh, about 4 months:) . So, I'm going to watch for a more seasoned cruisers reply. If you don't get a reply here, you may want to call your TA. That's what they are there for!:rolleyes:
I e-mailed her, she said to choose vacation, knew that one, she said to use miami as the port, and the ship's name as the type of accomodation. Don't have very much faith in her, she hasn't been all that helpful. We've decided to use a different ta next time. 1st cruise ever, live & learn........we learned. Doesn't sound right to use Miami (to me anyway), as I said earlier which port are they talking about, we are going to several. It very well could be Miami, but because i'm a newbie i don't know. She didn't even answer the question about intended stay, date of arrival, etc as i mentioned earlier. Like I said, don't trust her 2 much. When going over the cruise info when we booked, she didn't even tell us you could pre-pay gratuities, let alone try to get us obc when prices dropped, and such. I would have never known that had it not been for these boards.

I agree with you bubbles, find a different TA! Mine will answer any question, no matter how silly I think it is. She is great. She is on vacation today and tomorrow or I would have the answer for you.
That would have been great seashell, and yes you guys, we will be in the virgin islands, st.thomas/st.john, grand turks&caicos, half moon cay, san juan puerto rico. That's why i was unsure of what to do:confused:

Bubbles, does it say anywhere on the slip what country this card is for? It sounds a lot like the Bahamas immigration card. IF so, the arrival date is the date of the port stop there, and use the ship as your address. And yes, if you mess up there will be spare cards onboard and at check in.
All it says at the top is:

Welcome to The Islands of The Bahamas

Government of The Bahamas-Immigration Arrival Card

It would help to know what ports of call you are going to. That way if someone has already filled out that form they would be able to give you more consice answers.

Actually, Bubble did mention the ports on her original post.

Bubble, I do believe it is a card for the bahamas. Because that is the only time we have ever received an Immigration card. Carnival will probably tell you best.

Actually, Bubble did mention the ports on her original post.

Bubble, I do believe it is a card for the bahamas. Because that is the only time we have ever received an Immigration card. Carnival will probably tell you best.

Thanks lele, i've about decided to hold off on filling out that part until we get there. I'll just fill out what I do understand. At least that way we will have a head start;)

Son who is joining us on upcoming Alaska cruise will be buying a new home just before(about a week) the cruise. When filling out the S&S card info online should we use his current address, and then correct it after he closes on house? He will probably still have his old address on driver's license. If he uses the new address and closing is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, then what? Does it really make a difference?

Son who is joining us on upcoming Alaska cruise will be buying a new home just before(about a week) the cruise. When filling out the S&S card info online should we use his current address, and then correct it after he closes on house? He will probably still have his old address on driver's license. If he uses the new address and closing is postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, then what? Does it really make a difference?

Use whatever address his ID has on it. They will check his ID against the address he puts on the S&S information card.

Half Moon Cay is a Bahamamian Island and that's why the arrival card is necessary. Numer of nights is 0, hotel name is the ship name, date of arrival..pretty self explanatory and if you really mess up there's loads of extra cards at the port.

Archived