Regal Princess any Calif coast veiwable

TAMU Dad

Those out there who have traveled Princess Regal please help me convince my wife that the ship does not have any California/Oregon/Washington state coast veiwable while traveling to Canada/Alaska. I contend that that leg of cruise has only ocean on the horizons because the ships route is far off shore of west coast USA. I assume no ship cruises the west coast on way to Alaska itineraries. Can anyone confirm which way it is.

Welllllllllllllll, we have friends who have sailed Regal on that route. We have sailed that way three times although with a different ship. We have also sailed out of SF twice going south. With the exception being a port stop in Monterey (south) we were never able to view any shore once outside the Golden Gate.

Welllllllllllllll, we have friends who have sailed Regal on that route. We have sailed that way three times although with a different ship. We have also sailed out of SF twice going south. With the exception being a port stop in Monterey (south) we were never able to view any shore once outside the Golden Gate.

That is correct, all you can see as you travel up and down the California/Oregon/Washington coast is water water water. Oh, and some clouds.

Jackie

Regal to Alaska in 2004

Agree, we took the Regal out of San Francisco in June of l994, no land in sight. Not what we expected, it was sold as an inside passage, not true, we were out of sight of land except for three days. It was dissapointing for us as we had done Alaska 3 previous times and so enjoyed the inside passage, wonderful scenery. It was still a good cruise, aren't they all? Just not what we expected! Phyllis

It's true. We've sailed Regal SF to Alaska in the past, and are going again this summer. Unfortunately you only see water on the way up and back down. Particularly on the trip north, since you past to the west of Vancouver Island, and then later hit the inside passage. Those first two days are just nice days to completely relax and enjoy the ship ... though the travel northbound can be a little rough.

Archived