Freedom Q & A kinda dissapointed...

Well although some good questions ie. undewater music and fresh/water saltwater questions were answered, I am kind of dissapointed with some of the Q & A on cruise critic. Alot of the questions that were answered were standered things on Voyager class and were common knowledge that they would be on Freedom.

Such as...

Just wondering if Johnny Rockets is on the Freedom of the Seas?

How about Chop's and/or Portofino?

What is Jade Restaurant?

The Promenade looks dark in photos. Is it really dark?

Looking back on it, there are still a few good ?'s answered though. Just hoped for more "diffrences"

Hi All!

I was on the FOS last night into today, for a TA event. I am exhausted but had an awesome time.

There is a Johnny Rockets on the FOS.

I thought the Promenade was gorgeous. The color were darker but I would not consider them too dark.

I toured the Portofino but did not see the Chops.

Jade was right in front of the Windjammer Buffet and had a separate menu.

Overall, I would recommend this ship. I will elaborate more soon, once I get some sleep!

Amy

We will be on Freedom at the end of the week. We were told that neither Chops nor Portofino will be open during our two night cruise. It probably wouldn't be practical to open them for the two nights. Johnny Rockets is on the ship and can be seen in some of the photos on this board.There are also photos of Portofino and Chops. Jade is a section in the Windjammer that features Asian food including sushi.

Well although some good questions ie. undewater music and fresh/water saltwater questions were answered, I am kind of dissapointed with some of the Q & A on cruise critic. Alot of the questions that were answered were standered things on Voyager class and were common knowledge that they would be on Freedom.

Such as...

Just wondering if Johnny Rockets is on the Freedom of the Seas?

How about Chop's and/or Portofino?

What is Jade Restaurant?

The Promenade looks dark in photos. Is it really dark?

Looking back on it, there are still a few good ?'s answered though. Just hoped for more "diffrences"

Yeah I expected better questions too. I guess I am just as much to blame as others for not posting more interesting questions.

I did find one Q&A very interesting.

The question was "Do the balcony partitions open?"

the answer was YES they do.

Now, I have been back and forth with RCCL because I am having a party for those on our roll call and want to use the balcony on both of my owner suites. I have been told repeatedly that for safety and privacy concerns no balcony partition will be opened on FOS.

Now the answer to the posed question was yes. :confused:

I guess that is right because they do but they won't..lol

Might be a bit misleading if people expect to open their balcony to join with the one next to them.

I am still going to ask when we board. I will let you know.

I believe that whether or not they open will be determined by your cabin steward. On the overnight, the partition on one side of our balcony was open and easily slid back. On the other side, it was clearly locked. So, they are meant to open -- it's a matter of whether or not you can get your cabin steward to open yours!

Just a quick comment on the promenade. The ceiling is brighter lights during the day and gets darker at night to indicate the time of day. I've found that photos taken inside usually look darker...at least mine have on all the ships, and my photos otherwise look good. I didn't think the promenade seemed dark. Chops and Portofino's were not open during the pre-inaugrual cruises, but Johnny Rockets was open.

Gosh, I'm disappointed to hear that y'all are disappointed -- Melissa and I had a blast during different sailings running around the ship trying to answer the questions. We thought they were pretty challenging!

But if you do still have questions, please feel free to drop a note to me and I'll do my best to answer 'em. If they're different from what we've answered already we can add them to the Q&A.

Re the question about fridges in the cabin...Yes! They do....

Carolyn

Editor, Cruise Critic

editor@cruisecritic.com

Carolyn, there has been some confusion about the pools. Originally there was talk about the pools being changed to freshwater. But people who have called RCCL have been told the pools are saltwater. Was anything mentioned about this on the ship, or did anyone try out any of the water features? Inquiring minds want to know!:D

I think they answered questions that were asked and unfortunately we didn't ask better ones. Kinda like all the answers answering your comment, you weren't looking for further information on Johnny Rockets but commenting that you were looking for better questions then the basic that most of us knew. What kinds of questions do you have? Sure they can still answer many.

My question:

Can you still access the helepad up front and if so is it still hard to find the right was to get there like on the Voyager class ship? Seating like on the Voyager?

Bon Voyage

Dawna

Kelynj,

We have always asked our room steward to remove all the contents in our refrigerator and then I put in the water I have brought on board. It's also handy to bring along some ziplocks. I like to pick up some rolls, cheese, butter and fruit from the Windjammer and put them in the frig in case I ever need to snack on something and don't feel like leaving my room.

Well although some good questions ie. undewater music and fresh/water saltwater questions were answered,

Can someone point me to where the questions were answered? Somehow I missed it (in particular, the special underwater stuff that was supposed to be in the solarium pool) I did a search but don't see it. Is it in the feature section, or here on the board?

Tracy

I still don't think that the question about the balconies opening is answered--will all cabin stewards be able to open the balconies if requested by adjoining family members who wish to have them open. We will have 5 adjoining cabins and wish to know that in advance.

Gosh, I'm disappointed to hear that y'all are disappointed -- Melissa and I had a blast during different sailings running around the ship trying to answer the questions. We thought they were pretty challenging!

But if you do still have questions, please feel free to drop a note to me and I'll do my best to answer 'em. If they're different from what we've answered already we can add them to the Q&A.

Re the question about fridges in the cabin...Yes! They do...

Carolyn

Editor, Cruise Critic

editor@cruisecritic.com

Now that I look back on it, its our own gosh darn fault for not asking better questions! But I did love the fact that you confirmed the freshwater/saltwater and underwater music issue.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reasearch and find the answers to our ?'s Carolyn! Really didn't mean for it to be a complaint.

• Administrators
I agree that some questions weren't answered, specifically about the children's areas. Would love to hear more about those. And the H20 zone, it is salt water? Hmmmm, my TA just told me today that it's fresh water.

I was scratching my head at this one, because I did ask Carolyn about the H20 Zone and she did say it was saltwater.

I just can't imagine little kiddies running around with saltwater dripping into their eyes. Hmmm, *I* don't like saltwater in my eyes.

Very interesting....

Laura

My niece and nephews had goggles for our last cruise. They had a blast, and the pictures are all so cute of them with their swimming goggles on. My guess is that the little gear shop will sell lots and lots of goggles. :)

Tracy

obaybee, thanks for the link! Like zozter & bug18, I hadn't found it either! I kept looking in the original post that asked for questions! Thanks again!

Yes! Thank you for the link! I kept coming back here and looking too....LOL

Tracy

Archived