Ex-Con Godmother

ctguy001

I guess the first thread of Martha bashing and holier-than-thou posts wasn't enough. On the other thread, I posted...

"Isn't it amazing how judgemental many of these posts are? It's nice to know there are so many people who have never done anything wrong in their lives and have no need to learn forgiveness (and consider themselves worthy of judging others).

From reading many of these posts, I guess anyone who commits a crime should be put away and shunned by society indefinitely."

For those who keep saying, "I would never commit a crime"... ask yourself if you've ever driven over the speed limit. Are there different categories or levels of right and wrong? Some sins are okay but others are not? How about dropping the stones you're throwing and seeing if there's anything that needs improving in your own life instead of judging others. If you'd led the perfect life, don't ruin it now by passing judgement.

The stock was Sam Waxal's Im-clone stock which incidentally almost double in stock price after her trial was over had she held it so I am not one of these people who thought she was so greedy that she needed to get out and had a short sell position in place of $60.00....

Anyways, she's out, she's free and making more money than you and I can jump over...is it so bad for her? ....I think NOT!

Viva Martha Libre!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

I guess the first thread of Martha bashing and holier-than-thou posts wasn't enough. On the other thread, I posted...

"Isn't it amazing how judgemental many of these posts are? It's nice to know there are so many people who have never done anything wrong in their lives and have no need to learn forgiveness (and consider themselves worthy of judging others).

From reading many of these posts, I guess anyone who commits a crime should be put away and shunned by society indefinitely."

For those who keep saying, "I would never commit a crime"... ask yourself if you've ever driven over the speed limit. Are there different categories or levels of right and wrong? Some sins are okay but others are not? How about dropping the stones you're throwing and seeing if there's anything that needs improving in your own life instead of judging others. If you'd led the perfect life, don't ruin it now by passing judgement.

No, not shunned. But Godmother of a cruise ship? Maybe not.

I'm not a Godfather of a cruise ship, but I don't feel shunned by society.

Yes, because Corrections should correct inmates. Then let them out when they are corrected.

(Flame away)

derf,

I agree with you 100%. Inmates should be let out when they are corrected. If they aren't corrected, they shouldn't be let out. So, when they are let out, corrected, they should be allowed to live wherever, including next door to me.

Just so that I know why I do not hate Princess’ decision, could someone tell me what Martha was convicted of? From what I gather, it wasn’t inside trading – which they were not able to prove – but lying to a Federal official. Is that correct?

If it is correct, then we all got some ‘splaining to do – and if that’s the disqualifying criteria, then none of us will be Godmothers of ships.

The charge was for lying to Fed Officials...FBI and Justice Department about the trade. Also, had she not agreed to meet with them prior to the charges being levied against her she wouldn't have been in this mess today. she was NOT compelled at the time to talk, but she did instead in order to cooperate with the investigation. Look they wanted her at all costs and they got her. Remember this was all when there was Enron, Worldcom and Bernie Evers and also Denis Kowslowski with Tyco. Big public pressure on the Justice Department to get a big fish.

Tony

Also, had she not agreed to meet with them prior to the charges being levied against her she wouldn't have been in this mess today. she was NOT compelled at the time to talk, but she did instead in order to cooperate with the investigation.

So if law inforcement wants to talk to me I better not. Because if I do talk to them I would be in more trouble? Something is not right.

Well said !! And really, they've only chosen her as 'godmother' not CEO of the company. I didn't even know that ships had godmothers .... do they look after the spiritual well-being of the ship? ;)

I didn't even know that ships had godmothers .... do they look after the spiritual well-being of the ship? ;)

Traditionally, ships were “christened” – or named – by “godmothers” who launched the ships

from

http://www.cruising.org/cruisenews/news.cfm?NID=230

The French viewed a new vessel much as a newborn child, with both a godmother and godfather,

from

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/christening.cfm

Well said !! And really, they've only chosen her as 'godmother' not CEO of the company. I didn't even know that ships had godmothers .... do they look after the spiritual well-being of the ship? ;)

Like all Princess Godmothers, her photo will hang on the wall of the Atrium...her eyes gazing over all the folks hunched over their laptops checking the upward rise of their "Martha" stock holdings.

Traditionally, ships were “christened” – or named – by “godmothers” who launched the ships

from

http://www.cruising.org/cruisenews/news.cfm?NID=230

The French viewed a new vessel much as a newborn child, with both a godmother and godfather,

from

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/christening.cfm

Interesting reading .... I think Martha is worthy of the honor.

she is a convicted felon that can no longer vote as an American citizen.

Forty-eight states currently have some form of restriction on the right of felons to vote. The exceptions are Maine and Vermont, which even permit inmates to vote. Thirty-three states disenfranchise felons who are on parole. Eight states deny felons the right to vote for life.

from

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/kirsanow200401080830.asp

Felony disenfranchisement

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement

Archived