Formal Nite Question

Can anyone direct to where I could find out what nights are formal on our cruise? We are leaving out of NYC on Tuesday June 13 for Halifax, returning Saturday. Only four nights. How does one find out what nights would be more dressy? Thanks for any info you can give me!

First of all, everyone needs to know what ship you're on. There's quite a few out of NY. Secondly, post this on the board that you're cruising on, be it Carnival, NCL, RCCI or whatever.

I gather you're on Carnival Victory, since she's sailing a four-night to Halifax on June 13. (We did the five-night two years ago and are doing the four-night end of August this year.) On Carnival ships, formal night is usually the first full sea day - in your case, Wednesday 6/14. That will be the only "dressy" night, although resort casual is expected the other nights. There will be a Captain's party before dinner, probably in one of the aft lounges; it can be crowded, but we've found them to be fun. There are also photographer studios set up around the Promenade Deck (deck 5); it doesn't cost anything to get the pictures taken, and we've really liked the work; it's a nice opportunity to get some good photos taken for the family. Hope this helps!

...... On Carnival ships, formal night is usually the first full sea day - in your case, Wednesday 6/14.

Yes, on most Carnival cruises, the second night on board is formal night.

There will be a Captain's party before dinner, probably in one of the aft lounges; it can be crowded, but we've found them to be fun.

All the Carnival cruises I've been on, formal night was held in the main showlounge. I've never thought it to be 'crowded', and the comp cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are a nice touch.

There are also photographer studios set up around the Promenade Deck (deck 5); it doesn't cost anything to get the pictures taken...

So as not to give the wrong impression - yes, it costs nothing to have the photos taken - BUT, of course there's a nice little charge for buying them.;)

Archived