Playa Uvas

rscima

I don't personally care about he beds because I prefer to stay mostly under the umbrellas, but my friends are sun worshipers and they saw the beds on the website and went crazy over them.

Also, I haven't told them yet about the massages because after we described how relaxing it was to be by the waters edge they all signed up for hour massages. I'm hoping they'll like the new massage area. It would be nice if Luz could give you a choice for those of us who prefer being by the sea. But the new area looks nice. I just wonder if it will be too warm without the cooling sea breezes. I hope someone reports back about their experience so we will all know what to expect.

I just got this email from Uvas.... looks like right now they don't have the beds. :(

Hola Amanda:

we don't have beach beds anymore; the storms, rain and salt rot the wood so we had to get rear of them till we find some new ones to replace them

eduardo

Like hotmama said, there are no more beds. I thought I posted back with a response but I guess I either forgot or it got lost in cyberspace somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Playa Uvas was the best experience we've ever had off a cruise ship. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us very individualized attention. The clear kayaking was spectacular and the snorkeling was amazing. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and helpful above and beyond the call of duty.

They gave special attention to our young daughter who enjoyed the kayaking and snorkeling (even though she had a difficult time swimming in the ocean) The staff helped her and us and made sure this part of the trip was an enjoyable experience for all of us.

Food was excellent also!

Highly recommend Playa Uvas!

I don't personally care about he beds because I prefer to stay mostly under the umbrellas' date=' but my friends are sun worshipers and they saw the beds on the website and went crazy over them.

Also, I haven't told them yet about the massages because after we described how relaxing it was to be by the waters edge they all signed up for hour massages. I'm hoping they'll like the new massage area. It would be nice if Luz could give you a choice for those of us who prefer being by the sea. But the new area looks nice. I just wonder if it will be too warm without the cooling sea breezes. I hope someone reports back about their experience so we will all know what to expect.[/quote']

So they still have massages??? Do you have to make reservations there or can you just show up? We are doing something earlier in the day but thought about trying to stop by there later and doing a massage, can you do that type of thing here? Thanks

Playa Uvas was the best experience we've ever had off a cruise ship. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us very individualized attention. The clear kayaking was spectacular and the snorkeling was amazing. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and helpful above and beyond the call of duty.

They gave special attention to our young daughter who enjoyed the kayaking and snorkeling (even though she had a difficult time swimming in the ocean) The staff helped her and us and made sure this part of the trip was an enjoyable experience for all of us.

Food was excellent also!

Highly recommend Playa Uvas!

KDH,

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I am planning on taking my 2 DD's there (6 & 8) and I wondered how old your daughter is and if she had lots of fun.

Thanks for your input!

When I went to Cozumel to take my diving certification, we were in Uvas for 3 days, and I noticed that the reservations for massages, and other packages, are necessary, because there were days when the massage girls were very busy. So, if you let them know when you will be arriving, it will help the people in Uvas plan the day well, and ultimately give you a better service.

KDH,

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I am planning on taking my 2 DD's there (6 & 8) and I wondered how old your daughter is and if she had lots of fun.

Thanks for your input!

You may want to shoot Eduardo an email. He may be able to assist you. The snorkeling tour is about 45 min. long and your daughters may get tired. Although they do have life vests on them so that may help them out. Either way, I would shoot Eduardo an email. I hope this helps you out some! :D

My wife and I were at Uvas back in 2006 and we are going back this November. I will miss the beach beds, but the staff, food and atmosphere were all great. We didn't get to spend as much time on the beach beds as we would have liked because a storm front rolled through, but not to worry because the bar is covered!! I took this shot as the storm rolled in and before I spent too much time at the bar.

PA040259-1.jpg

My wife and I were at Uvas back in 2006 and we are going back this November. I will miss the beach beds, but the staff, food and atmosphere were all great. We didn't get to spend as much time on the beach beds as we would have liked because a storm front rolled through, but not to worry because the bar is covered!! I took this shot as the storm rolled in and before I spent too much time at the bar.

PA040259-1.jpg

Thank you for sharing a pic w/us! I'm so excited to be there again in dec.! :D It looks so relaxing!!

We loved it the first time. We usually cruise with another couple at least once a year. After we decide on which cruise we are taking, we all sit down to plan our excursions in each port of call. Cozumel was easy this time as everyone wanted to go back to Uvas.:D

I had a group of 23 people on Carnival Cruise to Cozumel, Mexico in August, 2008. Instead of joining the cruise excursions, I found Playa Uvas thru online searching and got in touch with Eduardo in Playa Uvas. He organized three Vans to pick us up at Cozumel port since I was not comfortable to have 6 families each riding a different cab to Playa Uvas (20 mins. ride). The package included Clear Boat Kayak, snorkeling, with lunch and unlimited drinks. Edwin and his assistant were very patience and skillful while guiding us in kayak and snorkeling. We paid a much reduced price than the cruise excursion. I could not give enough compliments to the staff in Playa Uvas. Eduardo had been very patience with me to accommodate all my 23 people needs. He even called me from Mexico to NJ to make sure everything was ready before I left for vacation. He also bought a cake for my husband and niece birthday while we were there. Carmen who was our host when we got to Playa Uvas, she was so friendly and warm. She gathered the staff to sing happy birthday. Kinko and his staff who took care of our lunch were excellent, always with smiles. The bartender was very friendly, serving unlimited drinks to us. Betty and Felin who did the massages for seven of us were great, make sure you book them. The girls had a great time with Hanna tattoo (a herbal ink will disappear in 2 weeks). We spent a full day in Playa Uvas before going back to the ship. Everyone in my group left with a big happy smile and we could not stop telling friends in NJ a great time we had. If you are going to Cozumel, Mexico, make sure you go to Playa Uvas, you will not be disappointed.

I had a group of 23 people on Carnival Cruise to Cozumel, Mexico in August, 2008. Instead of joining the cruise excursions, I found Playa Uvas thru online searching and got in touch with Eduardo in Playa Uvas. He organized three Vans to pick us up at Cozumel port since I was not comfortable to have 6 families each riding a different cab to Playa Uvas (20 mins. ride). The package included Clear Boat Kayak, snorkeling, with lunch and unlimited drinks. Edwin and his assistant were very patience and skillful while guiding us in kayak and snorkeling. We paid a much reduced price than the cruise excursion. I could not give enough compliments to the staff in Playa Uvas. Eduardo had been very patience with me to accommodate all my 23 people needs. He even called me from Mexico to NJ to make sure everything was ready before I left for vacation. He also bought a cake for my husband and niece birthday while we were there. Carmen who was our host when we got to Playa Uvas, she was so friendly and warm. She gathered the staff to sing happy birthday. Kinko and his staff who took care of our lunch were excellent, always with smiles. The bartender was very friendly, serving unlimited drinks to us. Betty and Felin who did the massages for seven of us were great, make sure you book them. The girls had a great time with Hanna tattoo (a herbal ink will disappear in 2 weeks). We spent a full day in Playa Uvas before going back to the ship. Everyone in my group left with a big happy smile and we could not stop telling friends in NJ a great time we had. If you are going to Cozumel, Mexico, make sure you go to Playa Uvas, you will not be disappointed.

Eduardo and his crew are just fantastic! I love em and Playa Uvas. They just make you feel so ROYAL when you are there! I can't wait to go back there in dec.

Thank you for sharing your experience w/us.:D

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Cozumel on Oct 1 and went to Playa Uvas. It was our favorite day of our cruise. As soon as we got there Carman said they had a ship group coming in right behind us and we could go on the clear kayak tour with them. I had decided to book on our own instead of the ship because of the great deals Uvas offered that the ship didn't. Plus we would have more time there on our own.

The water was a little rough that day due to the wind and we tried to make it all the way down to the little pier, but had to cut it short. We saw tons of stuff. Some saw stingrays, but we missed them. Did see lots of fish, starfish, sand dollars though. The currant took us back to Uvas, we didn't really have to paddle at all except straight in. This was really fun. I'm so glad we did it!

Then the cruise ship group was also going snorkeling. We hadn't paid for the snorkel tour we were just going to do it on our own, but our guide Jorge (pronounced Hor-Hey) said come on with us for free, so we did. :)

We walked down the beach a ways and everyone put their shoes in a garbage bag that they brought back to the beach for us when we got out. We saw so many wonderful fish and Jorge pulled a little white stingray out from under a rock so we could all see him. We also saw some barracuda! :eek:

After we got done, the tour group left and we only had a few other people there. I didn't see any children the entire time we were there.

Our waiter had our lunch ready when we got back, we both had chicken fajitas. It was delicious. And my DH had the mexican beer and I had pina coladas and the waiter kept them coming all day. As soon as we took our last sip he was there with another, even on the beach - good man!

Then we got the Henna tattoos - they are cool - but you have to be careful not to smear them until they are completely dry. Make sure he explains to you how to care for it. Ours were $20 each.

Then I decided to get a 30 min massage. She just did the relaxing one, I almost fell asleep. There was nice soft music playing and even though they are not on the beach, you can still hear the ocean and feel the breeze.

After one more drink we needed to head back to the ship. Carman had a taxi right there waiting on us. It was $10 for the trip to and $10 back for how ever many were in the car, not per person.

Make sure you bring plenty of tip money. I tipped our taxi drivers, tour guides, our waiter, and the massage lady. All well deserved!!

A wonderful perfect day - our best of the trip. Thank you so much Playa Uvas!!! If we ever find ourselves in Cozumel again, we'll be sure to visit!

PICT0045.jpg.5fc47f108e42aafd6bdd7e26269f63bb.jpg

PICT0056.jpg.2d411fef2b0ab1c37c8becbdbc1253bf.jpg

PICT0061.jpg.f2c51b7d937b45130b0d2a452d6e54e6.jpg

PICT0071.jpg.c1450691e19a8df69681746a91ea1fab.jpg

We were in Cozumel September 30 and had advance reservations to Playa Uvas. We were met at the entrance of Playa Uvas by Carman. Carman ushered us around personally. We purchased the package with the snorkel tour and it was great, even though it rained. We had a great guide who worked hard to show us different fish. Actually this was probably the best guided snorkel trip we have had. He didn't make you stay bunched up together and therefore you didn't have someone kicking you the entire tour. Unfortunately, it rained all but one hour that we were at Playa Uvas. However, they have a canvas top over the patio and you could eat, drink, and socialize watching the rain. Everyone was very friendly. The staff had a passion to please. This was our l0th time to Cozumel and I would highly recommend Playa Uvas. We will go again. Don't forget to turn in your locker key after you get dressed and ready to head for your taxi. We did.

I am really curious about the food. Do they have a full menu? Is there anywhere that we can see the menu for the restaurant.

This will influence a lot in this decision..

trying to decide between this and Mr. Sanchos.

I really like the beach bed idea.. i bet its super relaxing..

Is it romantic for a younger couple???

Is the water nice?

I am really curious about the food. Do they have a full menu? Is there anywhere that we can see the menu for the restaurant.

Here is a pdf link to their Menu a la carte

http://www.playauvas.com/uvasalacartemenu.pdf

This will influence a lot in this decision..

trying to decide between this and Mr. Sanchos.

I really like the beach bed idea.. i bet its super relaxing..

Playa Uvas doesn't have a beach bed anymore. The salt from the ocean ruined the wood from the beach bed and they no longer have the beach beds.

Is it romantic for a younger couple???

I have been there 3x. I'm 24 and my dh is 26. We went there back in 07 when my other friends who are about the same age and we all enjoyed it. In fact I even went back and got married there!! So to me it is romantic! ;) I have enjoyed Playa Uvas thoroughly and enjoy their great service there. They make me feel like we're the only ones there!

Is the water nice?

Your in Cozumel!! Of course the water/ocean is beautiful. It's absolutely breathtaking!!!

Whatever you decide, enjoy yourself!!

We were in Cozumel on Oct 1 and went to Playa Uvas. It was our favorite day of our cruise. As soon as we got there Carman said they had a ship group coming in right behind us and we could go on the clear kayak tour with them. I had decided to book on our own instead of the ship because of the great deals Uvas offered that the ship didn't. Plus we would have more time there on our own.

The water was a little rough that day due to the wind and we tried to make it all the way down to the little pier, but had to cut it short. We saw tons of stuff. Some saw stingrays, but we missed them. Did see lots of fish, starfish, sand dollars though. The currant took us back to Uvas, we didn't really have to paddle at all except straight in. This was really fun. I'm so glad we did it!

Then the cruise ship group was also going snorkeling. We hadn't paid for the snorkel tour we were just going to do it on our own, but our guide Jorge (pronounced Hor-Hey) said come on with us for free, so we did. :)

We walked down the beach a ways and everyone put their shoes in a garbage bag that they brought back to the beach for us when we got out. We saw so many wonderful fish and Jorge pulled a little white stingray out from under a rock so we could all see him. We also saw some barracuda! :eek:

After we got done, the tour group left and we only had a few other people there. I didn't see any children the entire time we were there.

Our waiter had our lunch ready when we got back, we both had chicken fajitas. It was delicious. And my DH had the mexican beer and I had pina coladas and the waiter kept them coming all day. As soon as we took our last sip he was there with another, even on the beach - good man!

Then we got the Henna tattoos - they are cool - but you have to be careful not to smear them until they are completely dry. Make sure he explains to you how to care for it. Ours were $20 each.

Then I decided to get a 30 min massage. She just did the relaxing one, I almost fell asleep. There was nice soft music playing and even though they are not on the beach, you can still hear the ocean and feel the breeze.

After one more drink we needed to head back to the ship. Carman had a taxi right there waiting on us. It was $10 for the trip to and $10 back for how ever many were in the car, not per person.

Make sure you bring plenty of tip money. I tipped our taxi drivers, tour guides, our waiter, and the massage lady. All well deserved!!

A wonderful perfect day - our best of the trip. Thank you so much Playa Uvas!!! If we ever find ourselves in Cozumel again, we'll be sure to visit!

I enjoyed reading your review. Made me feel like I was there!! Thank you for posting pics.

What kind of water camera did you use?? Mine don't come out as good! :mad:

so i was lucky enough to go to playa uvas in february, and now we are going on a cruise to st. marten, st. thomas, and nassau...does anyone know of a place in one of those ports that would be about the same as playa uvas?

I would suggest looking at the port of calls threads and post a question. I can't help you out on this one.

I just checked out their website and the prices look awesome, you can get a day pass which includes an open bar for around35-45$ depending on the activities you choose!! this is a great price, will prolly book this for our cruise in feb, thanks for all the info e1:D