Playa Uvas

rscima

I asked Eduardo to email me some pics of where the massages are at now...and I have to say that I am very impressed. It love it. I looks really really nice.

LetreroUvasSpa.jpg

This is the entrance to Playa Uvas. To the right of the pic you will see a sign where it reads: UVAS SPA

UvasSpa.jpg

UvasSpa1.jpg

I love this pic..it looks so relaxing!!

I'm looking forward to comparing and reviewing my two experiences: one I had last year on the beach and one I will have in 5 months in the new spa area. Unfortunately, it won't be until next February, but the anticipation is half the fun! :D

We were a party of 8. We arrived at the pier. We told the driver to take us to Playa Uvas. Transportation is $10 for 4 people; therefore we paid $20. Carmen greeter us, she is a very nice and friendly lady. We paid 59.00 for clear kayak and snorkeling. We all loved it. We were the first group to arrive, so our group was small. Roman was an excellent tour guide. He really loves what he does. He took his time to make sure that everyone stayed together and also that everyone was able to see the stingray, eel and brain coral. The water is crystal clear. I recommend for everyone to bring beach shoes since the beach front is rocky. This place is well organized; they take the food orders before you get in the water. By the time you’re done with your excursion, the food is ready to be served. Raul, our waiter, was always checking with us to see if we needed any drinks or anything; he was so attentive. The food was delicious. After lunch we each had a message, all 8 of us. It was so relaxing. Carnival was offering this tour for twice as much and it only last 3.5 hours. We paid 59.00 and it included equipment, towels, unlimited drinks, food, clear kayak, snorkel, tour guides, locker and unlimited time at the beach. This is what I called ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE! When we were ready to go we walked to the front of the club and they had a taxi waiting for us.

My wife did a great deal of research and came to the conclusion that Playa Uvas was the best excursion for us in Cozumel. We went for the kayaking and snorkeling, all-inclusive.

We had a great taxi ride over. The driver gave us lots of details about the island and was very friendly. When we arrived, Carmen was walking up to the taxi and called us by name as we stepped out! I have no idea how she knew it was us but somehow, she did! She was wonderful, as she gave us the tour. I asked her to schedule my wife for a massage. She informed us that the massuese that my wife had heard about was not there but had been replaced by two others. (To summarize, after the massage, all my wife could say was "mmmmmmmmmm...."! If I could put a similar smile on her... (Never mind!) Suffice it to say that they new masseuse was amazing!

I spent lots of time with the bartender, Joachin. He was great! He was very anxious to better understand english, although he had a wonderful grasp already, and was very happy to help me with my spanish. And, he kept my beer full!

Roman was an excellent guide for the kayaking and snorkeling. He pointed out a large variety of marine life and other attractions.

The waiters, who were Joachin's brothers, were great! They did a wonderful job!

When we decided to leave, there was a taxi waiting to take us back to the ship. It truly felt like Carmen and her staff anticipated our every need!

All in all, Playa Uvas was one of the highlights of our cruise! It was absolutely wonderful! I can't recommend it highly enough!

Jeff

Carnival Conquest 7/13/08

NCL Sun 7/1999

NCL Sunward 7/1995 (honeymoon!)

Carnival Festivale 3/1983

And a variety of NCL, RCL, and others...

We are going to Cozumel on a Cruise in Nov.

Would a 6 year old enjoy himself... He loves the water.. But attention span still short :)

It would be my parents that don't really swim and myself and a friend and my nephew.

I would love to take him on the clear kayak and snorkel. But not sure about the rest of teh time with him.. Will he be too bored? Kids there?

My wife did a great deal of research and came to the conclusion that Playa Uvas was the best excursion for us in Cozumel. We went for the kayaking and snorkeling, all-inclusive.

We had a great taxi ride over. The driver gave us lots of details about the island and was very friendly. When we arrived, Carmen was walking up to the taxi and called us by name as we stepped out! I have no idea how she knew it was us but somehow, she did! She was wonderful, as she gave us the tour. I asked her to schedule my wife for a massage. She informed us that the massuese that my wife had heard about was not there but had been replaced by two others. (To summarize, after the massage, all my wife could say was "mmmmmmmmmm...."! If I could put a similar smile on her... (Never mind!) Suffice it to say that they new masseuse was amazing!

I spent lots of time with the bartender, Joachin. He was great! He was very anxious to better understand english, although he had a wonderful grasp already, and was very happy to help me with my spanish. And, he kept my beer full!

Roman was an excellent guide for the kayaking and snorkeling. He pointed out a large variety of marine life and other attractions.

The waiters, who were Joachin's brothers, were great! They did a wonderful job!

When we decided to leave, there was a taxi waiting to take us back to the ship. It truly felt like Carmen and her staff anticipated our every need!

All in all, Playa Uvas was one of the highlights of our cruise! It was absolutely wonderful! I can't recommend it highly enough!

Jeff

Carnival Conquest 7/13/08

NCL Sun 7/1999

NCL Sunward 7/1995 (honeymoon!)

Carnival Festivale 3/1983

And a variety of NCL, RCL, and others...

Our family cruised the Holiday on 07/14 (2 adults & 2 teens (both 16). I planned our beach day at Playa Uvas and purchsed the inclusive snorkel package which cost $156.00 and included our snorkel gear, a 45 min. guided snorkel tour, a delicious lunch and all the margaritas & pina coladas we could drink. We had a fabulous time. I made a reservation directly with the resort (which I find is usually much cheaper than booking excursions through the cruiseline), online at:

www.playauvas.com

They offer a multitude of packages for snorkeling, kayaking & diving and reservations can be made directly online. You don't pay anything upfront so you don't need a credit card. Since it's only a reservation, you're under no obligation which makes it easy to change your mind if weather conditions are not what you expected when you arrive. Eduardo will send you a confirmation email with your reservation number. He is wonderful about answering any questions you might have and replies quickly thru email. One note you should be aware of is they do not have the teak beach furnishings as shown on their website. I was told that the last series of storms did some significant damage but other than that the place was terrific. It was like having our own little beach paradise. It wasn't very crowded and the service was wonderful all the way around. We did the snorkel tour & the guide was very knowledgable, took us to see many different areas & spoke perfect english. The fajita lunch was delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Can't wait to do it again.

We are going to Cozumel on a Cruise in Nov.

Would a 6 year old enjoy himself... He loves the water.. But attention span still short :)

It would be my parents that don't really swim and myself and a friend and my nephew.

I would love to take him on the clear kayak and snorkel. But not sure about the rest of teh time with him.. Will he be too bored? Kids there?

Your little one who is 6 yrs old may be a little too young to do the kayak or snorkeling. To be on the safe side shoot an email to Eduardo. He will be able to help you out or answer any questions that you may have better than me!! :)

Is the snorkel tour done right there at Play Uvas or do they transport you somewhere? I'm assuming you get the tour and then can go the rest of the day on your own?? Close by??

When you arrive at Playa Uvas they will let you know when you will go on their snorkeling/kayaking tour.

If you go on their snorkeling tour they will gather you around and you will get you equipment and you will walk a little way's out to the water and you will begin snorkeling in a group. It will last for about 45 min. in that time you will work yourself back to Uvas. You can keep your equipment to snorkel later (Like after you eat, drink). If you do not want to snorkel anymore than you can turn in your equipment.

If you are going on their kayak tour they will gather you around and you will sit down on some chairs and one of the guides will give you a brief instructions. This tour should take about 45 mins. as well.

The tours mentioned above are done at their facilites. When you are done with the tours you can relax on the beach or get a massage there.

If you keep your snorkel equipment you are welcome to go out there again and snorkel.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you so much. Answers my questions exactly. Just didn't want to boat somewhere for 15 minutes each way and just have 15 to snorkel during tour. This helps a lot.

Let me know if you have any other questions...If I don't know the answer I will ask Eduardo. Which reminds me, I forgot to ask Eduardo about the beds.... those beds are so COMFY!! I love em!!:D

Talked DH into it and sent in our reservations yesterday. It looks so wonderful. Last time we went snorkeling was at Catalina Island and saw about 2 kinds of fish. DH just wanted to make sure this was going to be better before he committed. I read him all the replies on here and he was satisfied. I even booked us massages. Thanks for all the info and help!!

50 days and COUNTING!!!

Talked DH into it and sent in our reservations yesterday. It looks so wonderful. Last time we went snorkeling was at Catalina Island and saw about 2 kinds of fish. DH just wanted to make sure this was going to be better before he committed. I read him all the replies on here and he was satisfied. I even booked us massages. Thanks for all the info and help!!

50 days and COUNTING!!!

No problem!! I hope you enjoy your stay there. Let us know how it went w/pictures!! :)

Last time I went there I saw a eel...ewww...(they are scary to me!) but it was cool to see them in their enviroment.

One of the reasons I picked Uvas was because it was to be my first snorkeling experience and I wanted to be able to wade in. I was afraid I'd hate it/panic/get too tired and need to be able to get out of the water fairly quickly.

It was wonderful. I posted about it when we returned (we sailed in mid-May).

We actually entered and returned at the same place, so we had a bit of a walk down the beach both before and after, and I couldn't get my stupid water shoes back on, so it was a little tough on the bottoms of my feet. As I noted in my mini-review, it was crowded the day we were there, with a couple of other groups out snorkeling and kayaking at the same time. I never even went down to where the chairs were on the beach, as we headed straight in to eat.

Thanks for all the info. We are really psyched about Uvas as this is to be a total relaxation cruise and this looks like the perfect place. The pics on their website are great, but any that you have to share would be much appreciated.

What I love about Uvas is you can be as active (snorkeling, kayaking, swimming) or as relaxed (massages, shopping, drinking, tanning, eating) as you choose. It's great for mixed groups like ours where some people want to be active and some want to just veg. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This question is off topic but has anyone heard from Stir?? I haven't seen her post for awhile....I

Stir, if you see this post, let me know how your doing..I haven't seen you post anything here on this thread and I know your very helpful as well...I hope all is well.:D

I just got this email from Uvas.... looks like right now they don't have the beds. :(

Hola Amanda:

we don't have beach beds anymore; the storms, rain and salt rot the wood so we had to get rear of them till we find some new ones to replace them

eduardo