Playa Uvas

rscima

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the menu for the resturant (preferrably with prices) floating around for Playa Uvas? I tried to look thru the many pages of this thread but didnt find one and also went directly to Playa Uvas website but I think it is down as I am getting an error message about the domain name.

We are trying to decide if we should stay at PLaya Uvas for the whole day or move on someplace else to see more of Cozumel - so the big question was whether to have lunch and leave, leave and have lunch somewhere else or just stay for the whole day.

Thanks.

eduardoczm@gmail.com

Eduardo will email you the current menu!

I'll let him know that the site is down so he can work on that with the Mexican phone company...:D.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, our group HAD planned to visit Uvas for lunch and then move along. They were having such a great time that we just stayed there for the rest of our day.

I have the menu from Eduardo (sent in 2007). It's in Excel format, so I'm not sure if I can attach it here. Let me try...didn't work. Will try to paste in below.

Jane

Uvas A La Carte Menu

Appetizers

UScy

Fried Camembert (fried camembert cheese with provensal sauce) 11.00

Fried Onions Rings (with a fine herb dip) 7.50

Fried Calamari rings (with curry dip) 11.00

Fish Ceviche (Mahi-Mahi made using Uvas special recipe) 11.00

Shrimp Ceviche 12.00

Mexican nachos (with manchego cheese, pico de gallo sauce, guacamole and black beans) 7.00

Mexican nachos (with Chicken, manchego cheese, pico de gallo sauce, guacamole and black beans) 8.00

Mexican nachos (with Beef, manchego cheese, pico de gallo sauce, guacamole and black beans) 9.00

Mexican nachos (with Shrimp, manchego cheese, pico de gallo sauce, guacamole and black beans) 10.00

French fries (cut Julienne) 5.00

Chips and mexican sauce 4.00

Guacamole Uvas 5.00

Chicken quesadillas 8.00

Beef quesadillas 9.00

Shirimp quesadillas 10.00

Chicken tacos 8.00

Beef tacos 9.00

Shirimp tacos 10.00

Mixed tacos 11.00

Fish Fillet (garlic, butter or breaded) 14.00

Club Sandwich (with french fries) 9.00

Hamburger (with french fries) 8.00

Grilled seafood (Lobster, shrimp, squid, fish, snail, and mussels for two people) 40.00

UvasLynn's Tequila-Lime Fish Plate (grilled fish filet smothered in Tequila-Lime sauce.steamed rice and vegetables) 15.00

Seafood Kebabs (Shrimps and mussels kebabs with sweet soy sauce) 12.00

Shrimps (garlic, butter or breaded) 15.00

Chicken fajitas 11.00

Beef fajitas 12.00

Shrimp fajitas 14.00

sodas & bottle water 2.00

Mexican Beer 3.00

mixers (margaritas, piña colada, daiquiris, etc) 6.00

I just reserved Playa Uvas directly with Eduardo, and I noticed on his confirmation that the use of beach beds are now $10.00. Just wanted to pass along the info--it's not that big of a deal to me, since a chair is just fine, but I know some people might care.

Looking forward to our day there in 3 1/2 more weeks!!

Oh, does anyone know if they allow you to substitute items on the included lunch with the all-inclusive package? I'd much rather have a plate of nachos and chips and salsa than the fajitas, and I figured since the fajitas are more expensive, it shouldn't be a big deal? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

I just reserved Playa Uvas directly with Eduardo, and I noticed on his confirmation that the use of beach beds are now $10.00. Just wanted to pass along the info--it's not that big of a deal to me, since a chair is just fine, but I know some people might care.

Oh, does anyone know if they allow you to substitute items on the included lunch with the all-inclusive package? I'd much rather have a plate of nachos and chips and salsa than the fajitas, and I figured since the fajitas are more expensive, it shouldn't be a big deal? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Ask Eduardo. I'm sure they'll be happy to accommodate you.

Jane

Ask Eduardo. I'm sure they'll be happy to accommodate you.

Jane

Was looking to book this also. What was the price with Eduardo? All inclusive? Island Marketing has an AI for $ 39 pp. Thanks for your help~

The price with Eduardo is actually $59/pp. It includes facility use, a beach towel, locker rental, lunch, open bar the whole time, beach chair, umbrella, etc., guided snorkel tour, and guided clear kayak tour.

I looked extensively into Island Marketing's options. The All-Inclusive Resort Day is at the Wyndham, and while it looks like a perfectly nice resort, the food options just didn't sound appealing at all and it didn't get a super-great review here on CruiseCritic. I also looked at booking Nachi Cocum, but decided I'd rather have the option to snorkel. So, Island Marketing also has the Cozumel Shore Snorkel excursion, which does take place a Playa Uvas. Unfortunately, their tour does not include the use of the kayaks, and the open bar is only for 2 hours. It is cheaper, though, so it might be worth it.

The one thing that was nice about booking with Eduardo is that I was able to reserve a spot for my grandmother for the entrance-only plus welcome drink package, which is only $7.00. She doesn't swim or drink alcohol, so she wouldn't take advantage of the other options. We'll just buy her lunch separately and still save quite a bit of $$ on her, I would think.

Hey all...

I'm leaving on the Carnival Legend on SUN 2-24!!! I scheduled the atv and beach adventure thru carnival....I called and asked what beach we were be going to and the PVP said UVAS....then I asked if they had snorkelling and she said she's doubts it b/c this is a private beach and its pretty much desserted???? WHAT??

So my question is has anyone done this excursion or anything similiar where u ended up at UVAS??? any info would be much appreciated b/c i'm not to sure the PVP knew all the correct info!!

is there hammocks

snorkelling

lunch???

Thanks in advanced!!;)

Hey all...

I'm leaving on the Carnival Legend on SUN 2-24!!! I scheduled the atv and beach adventure thru carnival....I called and asked what beach we were be going to and the PVP said UVAS....then I asked if they had snorkelling and she said she's doubts it b/c this is a private beach and its pretty much desserted???? WHAT??

So my question is has anyone done this excursion or anything similiar where u ended up at UVAS??? any info would be much appreciated b/c i'm not to sure the PVP knew all the correct info!!

is there hammocks

snorkelling

lunch???

Thanks in advanced!!;)

Yes snorkeling off shore, just was there a couple weeks ago, lots of cool stuff to see snorkeling, nursery caves, lots of coral and fish...not sure about hammocks but plenty of loungers and even beach beds, see above posts for menu, good food and drinks. This beach is NOT deserted, it's just not a white sandy beach like some might picture, it's a bit rocky but totally swimmable and rustic. ENJOY

Hey all...

is there hammocks

snorkelling

lunch???

Thanks in advanced!!;)

I do not know if your excursion goes to Uvas. I was there in early Jan and there were a lot of excursions that came and went. It is not desserted. I went with 4 other people and we were the only paid people to only do Uvas, but at any given time there was 20-30 people there due to other excursions. A few times those excursions weren't there so for those 10 mins you could call it desserted.

I do believe that they had hammocks by the pool, but not by the ocean. They had wonderful snorkeling. It was amazing, huge star fish, coral, and big fish. The further out you went the better it got.

They have the best fajitas I have ever had. Enough for two people. It came with our package, but it was 10 bucks if you didnt have the package. Well worth it.

OFF TOPIC: Lady, Did you get your wedding photos CD?!? ~Stir

Stir,

Hey Stir!! I sure did, I rec'd them I believe on Tuesday...for some odd reason I thought I sent you a email letting you know?? (maybe i dreamed it?!?) lol

But anywho, I did receive the cd and I really appreaciate your help! Youre the greatest!!!:D

I do believe that they had hammocks by the pool, but not by the ocean. quote]

They do have hammocks and they are soo relaxing!:D

Somewhere in this thread is a pic of the hammocks that Stircrazy posted. I'll look through my pics of my recent visit and see if I took a pic of the hammocks. If I do have one I will post a pic.

How many people fit on 1 beach bed? They look pretty big so I assume 2. So a person would pay $ 39 pp via Eduardo's package and just $10 more for 2 people to share a bed...not $ 20 more...correct? So 2 people all inclusive plus 1 beach bed, the total cost would be $ 88? Hope this makes sense :p As always...thanks!! :)

Personally I wouldn't pay for a bed. They are vinyl covered -hot and sticky?- and it's not like there's any privacy, and I'd want to be in the water! For lounging the chairs are fine for me. How do they control who goes on the beds? They were right there among the lounge chairs when I was there. People got on and off the beds just like the chairs. Just curious.

Personally I wouldn't pay for a bed. They are vinyl covered -hot and sticky?- and it's not like there's any privacy, and I'd want to be in the water! For lounging the chairs are fine for me. How do they control who goes on the beds? They were right there among the lounge chairs when I was there. People got on and off the beds just like the chairs. Just curious.

IMO, I love those beds!! They are so comfy!!! I think it's worth $10!! When I paid to use their bed, they gave us towels and our waiter placed an umbrella over our bed. We left our towels and some of our belongings there on the bed and no one every sat on our beds. Also, I had my pillow, my drink, a great ocean view and the ocean breeze....HEAVEN!!! :D :D

The waiter's know who paid to have the bed and who didn't. They only give pillows out to people who rent the beds. :cool:

Lady in TX and Jungle Jane...I see both points of view regarding the beds. If they get hot due to plastic (?) put a towel on them? ;) They do look awfully comfortable. Not that I have $ to throw away but $ 10 is not going to break us. Plus if I am unhappy right away, I would think that Eduardo would allow us to change our minds and refund the $?? Actually I will be sending him an email so I'll just ask him and report back. He has been so pleasant to deal with~

Hey, folks! Lots of info here, and I've tried to read a bunch. Problem is, I'm getting SO busy at work (tax), and I booked my Glory cruise just a few days ago. Now, I'm trying to get everything organized before I get too busy to do anything other than work and sleep.

This sounds like exactly what DD and I would like to do. She'll be 22 when we sail, but she's not a party girl. Paradise Beach sounds WAY too crowded and WAY too many kids!

Thought about Nachi Cocum but it sounds like the snorkeling at Uvas is much better.

Now, my question is about snorkeling. I've never done it. Tried in Grand Turk and my fins kept coming off so I just gave up. My problem is I'm not really a swimmer. DD loves to snorkel and she doesn't swim any better than I. I'm just a little worried. I'll be okay with a vest on.

I'm not terribly afraid of the water, exactly, but the idea of not being able to stop and stand up during 45-60 minutes of snorkeling sounds like it might be a bit much for me. I just want to float along looking down. No diving!

If I get too tired, or scared, or just don't like it, will I be able to just stop and return to the beach? The snorkeling is from shore, correct?

NCTribe - My dh was the same way. First of all, everyone wears a vest at Uvas. Secondly, you snorkel from shore. Thirdly, besides the guide there is another employee in a kayak out there with you. If you get tired, you can either swim back to shore or get in the kayak and he'll take you back to shore.

My sister doesn't swim at all - is almost 60 years old - and she did fine. The only tricky part is getting in the water (it's a bit rocky and slick) and getting your fins on once you are in waist deep water.

You won't regret a day at Uvas and neither will your daughter.

Sounds like your fins were too big. I went to almost shoulder depth water and was able to put them on well there. The trick is to peel the heel back a bit, stick your foot in-easier when under water-then flip the heel cup over your heel. They should feel snug, not loose at all. At Uvas you snorkle from shore so if you stayed real close to shore you could stand un when you wanted, tho you may not see much. We didn't have to go WAY out to see cool stuff, but were over our heads. I did mostly just what you said-floated looking down and around. I dove once, FUN! But not necessary to have a great time and see a lot.

Enjoy!

Also, the towel/pillow/umbrella deal may change my mind about the beds! I didn't know that was offered, when we were there a few people were laying right on the bare vinyl, most were on chairs. For a pillow, towel, umbrella and good service I'd easily part with the $10 and a tip :)

I booked my package with Eduardo just this morning for Playa Uvas. I reserved a Beach Bed...$ 10....and asked him if I changed my mind could I just take a lounge chair (comes with package) and cancel bed...yes, no problem.

**Does anyone know if we snorkel on our own do we HAVE to wear the vests? We have our own snorkel equipment. Thanks!!!

I booked my package with Eduardo just this morning for Playa Uvas. I reserved a Beach Bed...$ 10....and asked him if I changed my mind could I just take a lounge chair (comes with package) and cancel bed...yes, no problem.

**Does anyone know if we snorkel on our own do we HAVE to wear the vests? We have our own snorkel equipment. Thanks!!!

The vests are optional. Most on our excursion opted not to wear them.

Jane