Playa Uvas

rscima

Would you know if we can just show up and pay the combo price at the gate or entrance.We can not decide where we are going have friends on cruise and don't know if we are going with them or on our own.

Our ship gets in at 10 am and figure we could get to Uvas by 11:15 would want the lunch,drinks and snorkel but don't wan't to reserve in advance and not show any advise would be apreciated.

Jeff:)

My wife & I will be stopping in Cozumel on 1/26/08 from 8am to 8pm. As of now, we are renting a convertible VW bug from ISIS & heading to the beach. After reading within this thread, we will be going to Uvas (b/r these I was considering Putna Sur). However, I have a few questions:

(1) is there parking at Uvas?;

There is free parking at Uvas

(2) is it worth it to get the rental car (I have to take a taxi to ISIS & it's $35 rental from 8 to 6:30) or is Uvas an all-day affair (currently, we are planning on going to Uvas in the morning and afternoon, heading to Cocunuts late in the day, then dropping off the car at 6pm & shopping b/r re-boarding);

I couldn't tell you if it's worth it to rent a car but I can tell you this:

I'm not sure what you are planning on doing at Uvas but let me give you some time frames on their activites. If you would like to snorkel or kayak it's about 45 mins each. If you would like to to get a massage 30 mins or an hr. depending on how long you would like to get a massage for. You can be there for a while....relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery then at about 2 or 3 you can go to coconuts about an hr drive...eat and come back to downtown and drop off the vehicle at the car rental agency. $35.00 does sound cheap......

which cruise lines are you sailing with??

(3) is it necessary to make a reservation at Uvas for the packages/massages before we leave? (my wife wants the beach/bar package, I want the beach, bar, snorkle package & we both want the shorter massages);

I would strongly advise you to make reservations ...especially right now since it is high season. ;)

(4) Based on the posts, it appears that Uvas is near the port - how far is it from a decent shopping area?

Downtown is about 10-15 min. drive.

Thanks in advance!

No problem!!! Let me know if you have any additional questions!!

Stir - what date are you going to be there? We just booked last-minute on Fantasy and will be in Coz on Feb 2. Seriously thinking about heading back to Uvas.

No one is interested in snorkeling this trip...just want the open bar and loungers and I see the price for that is $17. Question about the kayaks....can you rent one for just a little while and go out on your own? I'm thinking I'm not going to want to paddle around out there for a full 45 min. Eduardo???

Also, has anyone been to both Mr. Sanchos and Uvas and can explain the main differences?

I'll be "Queen for Lunch" on February 2...with 12 of my family members!

Come by and say hi...I look just like my photo above! :D

Is the snorkling done from shore or do you have to take a boat out to the reef?

You can do either one!! Please go to their website to get more info!! Mostly, several ppl on here have done the off shore one...Last time I asked if someone has done the boat tour there were no responses...and I didn't have a chance to do that last time I was there...Either way, I love doing the off shore snorkeling!! It's awesome!!!

We are coming in on RCCL Navigator of the Seas (first Cruise & first time to Coz). We can't wait! Thanks for the advice - I went ahead & reserved for the snorkeling, unlimited bar, & 30 minute massages. Thanks for the time frames - we are planning on following your suggestion pretty closely.

Thanks for the help! Happy Cruising.

We are coming in on RCCL Navigator of the Seas (first Cruise & first time to Coz). We can't wait! Thanks for the advice - I went ahead & reserved for the snorkeling, unlimited bar, & 30 minute massages. Thanks for the time frames - we are planning on following your suggestion pretty closely.

Thanks for the help! Happy Cruising.

No problem!! Let us know how your trip goes!! Good luck and have fun driving!! Now that's a ship I need to look into...they are staying in Cozumel for quite a while. You will love Cozumel and Playa Uvas!!:D

Would you know if we can just show up and pay the combo price at the gate or entrance.We can not decide where we are going have friends on cruise and don't know if we are going with them or on our own.

Our ship gets in at 10 am and figure we could get to Uvas by 11:15 would want the lunch,drinks and snorkel but don't wan't to reserve in advance and not show any advise would be apreciated.

Jeff:)

You don't say when you leave on your cruise??

My response to your question: It all depends. If you are going during high season I would definitely reserve. To ensure that you will get a space. If you are going during low season then I would send a msg to Eduardo and let him know that you may show up.

Either way, if you are going during high season, I would send Eduardo a message to let him know about your plans. You can show up if you want to but you may run into the possibility that they have already reached their availability.

Just a question about snorkeling...if you take a snorkel tour from the beach, can you keep the snorkel equipment for the day so you can snorkel on your own afterwards? I've read they don't allow you to have an alcoholic drink before their excursions, if we kept our snorkel equipment, and had an alcoholic drink, would they have a problem w/us snorkeling on our own from the beach? Just curious.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

Come by and say hi...I look just like my photo above! :D

Horse, hat and all? LOL At my age, I can't see that little photo! I had a feeling we would be there the same day. I'll see if I can pick you out of the crowd. :)

Just a question about snorkeling...if you take a snorkel tour from the beach, can you keep the snorkel equipment for the day so you can snorkel on your own afterwards? I've read they don't allow you to have an alcoholic drink before their excursions, if we kept our snorkel equipment, and had an alcoholic drink, would they have a problem w/us snorkeling on our own from the beach? Just curious.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

We were just there last Monday, with a group of 13 ladies. They did allow us to hold onto our gear & go back out if we wanted. Those that did go back out only had one cocktail, which was a very responsible way to go. The water was really choppy that day & it just isn't a good mix, alcohol, wind & snorkeling! I agree with everyone who posted positively about Uvas. Kikko took great care of us, Carmen makes us feel like family. It's a fantastic place & we'll go back, every time we're in Coz.

Love that place, wish I was there right now, re-entry into the real world, not my friend!

Have fun.

Horse, hat and all? LOL At my age, I can't see that little photo! I had a feeling we would be there the same day. I'll see if I can pick you out of the crowd. :)

I'll be the short, chubby woman with stretch marks and 12 goofy relatives ranging in age from 2 yrs to 83 yrs. We will only be there for lunch (boo hoo), probably from noon until around 1-ish.

...and that's a Donkey! I'll see if Eduardo can have one available for me to sit on so you can find me easier. :p

We went to Playa Uvas with a group of 24 that was on the Carnival Glory last week. All of us had pre-ordered packages online, but when we got to the beach decided to make some changes. One member of our group wanted to go scuba diving and had not made that arrangement in advance. Carmenita immediately got on the cell phone and in 20 minutes he was whisked away, and said he had the dive of his life. They were extremely accomodating to us in every regard, and handled us very professionally. Additionally, when we lost our drink coupons we were given new ones with no questions asked. The snorkeling and kayaking instructors were fantastic and very polite. Food was great, drinks were perfect, service was outstanding. It was a very short taxi ride from the cruise port, making it a very affordable and extremely relaxing and fun day for us. Overall we give Uvas and thier staff five stars for exceeding our expectations!:cool:

Thanks to Eduardo, Carmen and the rest of the fantastic Playa Uvas staff for a wonderful day in Cozumel.

We plan on returning to Playa Uvas anytime we go to Cozumel in the future and recommend that you do the same if you seek a great day without any hassles whatsoever. :)

...and that's a Donkey! I'll see if Eduardo can have one available for me to sit on so you can find me easier. :p

LOL...I TOLD you I couldn't see that little photo. Now that you mention it, that horse does look small. Besides, I'm a city girl...haven't seen a donkey in eons. :p

LOL...I TOLD you I couldn't see that little photo. Now that you mention it, that horse does look small. Besides, I'm a city girl...haven't seen a donkey in eons. :p

When I'm not riding the donkey, I drive a CL63 AMG, so don't tell me about city girl! :p

So, how'm I gonna recognize you?

When I'm not riding the donkey, I drive a CL63 AMG, so don't tell me about city girl! :p

Good morning, I know you are getting excited about your upcoming visit to Playa Uvas. Could you please tell Carmen that Teresa & her crazy gang of birthday ladies say hello! We had such a great time, seems like yesterday (Jan. 14th) and I miss my beach bed!

TIA!

Teresa

Good morning, I know you are getting excited about your upcoming visit to Playa Uvas. Could you please tell Carmen that Teresa & her crazy gang of birthday ladies say hello! We had such a great time, seems like yesterday (Jan. 14th) and I miss my beach bed!

TIA!

Teresa

I'd be happy to pass on your "hello" to Carmenita. I've got her some new blue Crocs to wear with her jeans!

I'll be at Playa Uvas on 2/5 and right now the forecast is looking like rain. Does anyone know what the policy is if it rains? Do people still go there? Will they take you snorkleing (not that I would want to)?

I have been checking the 10 day forecast for days, and seeing "scattered showers" for my day...until yesterday. It's dropped from 60% chance to 20% chance.

I'm expecting your day to be the same...partly cloudy and around 83 degrees.

If it rains (I've been to Cozumel about 20 times and never seen any!), it will be a short tropical shower most likely.

The restaurant and bar area are covered, so you can wait out any possible shower there.

I recommend cerviche, guacamole, and some beverages to tide you over until the sun comes back out. :)

Thanks for the info Stir. I'm hoping it will change by then, since it's still a bit away. I know my boyfriend has been getting anxious about the weather. This will be the first time he's seen the ocean, let alone on a cruise. I just want it to be special for him. I'm ready to go have me a Mojito and some Fajitas and swim with the fish!

Hmmmm.....that's a tough question. OK....you could just ask Carmen where Lezlee is. My sister and I are traveling with my husband so 2 women with one man. All are in the 50's range and we should positioned close to the water's edge and close to Luz with any luck at all. :)

Looks like the weather will be good for us on Saturday! Hope you have good seas and happy boat drinks and look forward to meeting you at Uvas!

Hmmmm.....that's a tough question. OK....you could just ask Carmen where Lezlee is. My sister and I are traveling with my husband so 2 women with one man. All are in the 50's range and we should positioned close to the water's edge and close to Luz with any luck at all. :)

Looks like the weather will be good for us on Saturday! Hope you have good seas and happy boat drinks and look forward to meeting you at Uvas!

I'll be looking forward to meeting you!