Playa Uvas

rscima

I will be at Playa Uvas on Thursday and I have a few questions.

Can you buy extra food. We got the package that comes with fajitas, but I want to get some quacamole. I can't seem to go to Mexica and not get try mexican food. So I just wanted to know if I could buy that there.

Also what kind of beer do they have? I don't drink, but may if they have Mexican deer. I like new and different things.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice, reviews, and thoughts in this thread! My girlfriend and I will be spending our day in Cozumel (NCL Pearl) at Playa Uvas after all these glowing recommendations! We're certainly excited and hope it turns out as enjoyable as everyone else's experiences.

Lady: Happy New Year....if you find that dress photo i would love to see that sparkles top closer, dont worry for the store name maybe a lady-tailor can make it if i find the sparkle fabric..

I came across these 2 pics:

DSC_0778.jpgDSC_0767.jpg

Let me know if you need to see more pics!! :)

I was planning on getting engaged at Playa Uvas and saw you had your wedding there and took tours after your wedding. I checked their website out and noticed a wide variety of tours and wondered which you think is best. I was looking at AUV-1, 2 and 3 but was wondering if doing the snorkel with the kayak takes up a lot of time and takes away from relaxing and proposing :D We set sail 2/9 on the Fantasy out of NOLA and will be in Cozumel 2/12. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!!!

I was planning on getting engaged at Playa Uvas and saw you had your wedding there and took tours after your wedding. I checked their website out and noticed a wide variety of tours and wondered which you think is best. I was looking at AUV-1, 2 and 3 but was wondering if doing the snorkel with the kayak takes up a lot of time and takes away from relaxing and proposing :D We set sail 2/9 on the Fantasy out of NOLA and will be in Cozumel 2/12. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!!!

It really depends on how long your ship stays in Cozumel and how long are you wanting to relax, etc. Playa Uvas isn't far from the port. It's about a 10-15 min. ride. The tours such as kayaking and snorkeling are 45 min. each. and you will take a break between the two of them. On my 1st cruise we did the snokeling & kayaking and still had plenty of time to relax on the beach and then go downtown and do some quick shopping before our ship left. Again, I'm not sure how long the ship is docked there but I think you will have time to do everything! Come back and post back letting us know how everything went! Good luck and Congrats!! :D

Stir,

I'll be happy to post more pics, but I just have to wait to post em' when I get home...i'm at work right now... :(

Kletina,

Glad I could help!! De NADA!!

It really depends on how long your ship stays in Cozumel and how long are you wanting to relax, etc. Playa Uvas isn't far from the port. It's about a 10-15 min. ride. The tours such as kayaking and snorkeling are 45 min. each. and you will take a break between the two of them. On my 1st cruise we did the snokeling & kayaking and still had plenty of time to relax on the beach and then go downtown and do some quick shopping before our ship left. Again, I'm not sure how long the ship is docked there but I think you will have time to do everything! Come back and post back letting us know how everything went! Good luck and Congrats!! :D

Stir,

I'll be happy to post more pics, but I just have to wait to post em' when I get home...i'm at work right now... :(

Kletina,

Glad I could help!! De NADA!!

Thanks for the quick response! Based off of talking to her last night snorkeling will be in order but I think we will skip the kayaking. I've been to Cozumel 4 times before and can't wait to discover Playa Uvas! :) I'll post back to let you know how it went....

Thanks for the quick response! Based off of talking to her last night snorkeling will be in order but I think we will skip the kayaking. I've been to Cozumel 4 times before and can't wait to discover Playa Uvas! :) I'll post back to let you know how it went....

Sounds good!!

Wow! I want to congratulate you on your wedding; I was away from home and a computer, but now I want to add my name to those who had the good taste of telling you how beautiful your dress was, and how beautiful you looked. My best wishes to you!

Artseeker

DSC_0778.jpgDSC_0767.jpg

Let me know if you need to see more pics!! :)

Hey everyone!

My husband and I just got back from our 4 day cruise on the Fascination and I have to say that Playa Uvas (1/9/08) was our FAVORITE spot!

The Fascination docks later than most ships - we were supposed to be in port at 1:00 (ship time) and leave by 10:00 at night. Eduardo at Playa Uvas emailed me to say that they stay open later (5:30-6:00) when ships dock late like the Fascination does. I really didn't think that was going to be enough time, but he assured me that it would be. On the one hand - it was plenty of time, but on the other...could there EVER be enough time to relax on the beach in Cozumel? I don't think so!!! :)

We docked at Punta Langosta and walked to the taxi stop. One taxi for both of us was $10 total and our driver was very nice to tell us about the hurricane damage Cozumel had withstood and the improvements. We got to Playa Uvas and Carmen greeted us and ushered us right to the clear kayaks for the next tour (we rented a locker big enough for our shoes, towels, and bag for $9 - you get $5 of that back when you leave). Before we even made it to the beach, we were handed bottled water (and yes, you can drink everything there - they use purified water and ice). Luis was our kayak instructor and showed us the ins and outs of kayaking before we headed to the water for 45 minutes. We saw beautiful fish - tilapia - Luis tried to tell us they were Mexican piranhas at first - ha ha - it was a pretty funny joke.

After the kayak we had lunch which was WAY nicer than I was expecting! My husband had the fish which was a very large fillet of tilapia with rice and corn and one other side...plus we had chips with pico de gallo. I had the chicken fajita which came with guacamole and black beans. It was muy delicioso! Our waiter (Kiko? I sadly kept mispronouncing his name so that now I'm not sure what it was! Lo siento mucho!) never let us go thirsty - I had margaritas and a strawberry daquiri and my husband had a rum and coke and lots of water and plain coke.

Then we opted toi pay the extra for deep tissue massages. Well, well, well worth the money! It's $1 per minute, so we each got a 25 minute massage and left a tip for each lady. I had Ariela and she was amazing! The lady who had my husband must have been awesome too because he proposed to her when he finally sat up from the massage - LOL!

Then we sat on the sofas and chair with our feet up on an ottoman just a few feet from the beach and drank, relaxed, and talked while we watched the sun set. They took a picture of us in the kayak which we bought ($10) and at the little store next to the open air restaurant there were t-shirts, jewelry, hats, and other what-nots, etc. at decent prices (and they are willing to negotiate too!).

There was a sweet little dog there too who sat under our feet while we ate...not really begging, but you got the picture - LOL. There were flies as mentioned in a previous post, but they ONLY came around us when the food was brought to the table. Other than that we had no trouble with them! Nothing that a little hand-fanning can't control!

All in all it was an awesome day! We got the AUV-2 package at $45 each plus the massage ($30 each after the tip), plus the picture $10, plus the cab ($10 each way) for a grand total of $180 or $90 each. An UNBELIEVABLE bargain! You won't regret it! We saw some people there who had booked through their ship - I didn't ask, but I'm guessing that they paid more (ship gratuity) - if you email Eduardo yourself (if the website link isn't working his gmail email address is on this board somewhere and he replied to me through that) he's very responsive to email you right back with a confirmation number.

Muchas gracias Eduardo y Carmen! Mucho gusto!!

I was there last Thursday and it was amazing. The service was great, we had Kicco ( pronounced key-co) he never let our drink run empty. The food was the best I ever had in my life and the water was so pretty. We saw huge star fish and a small sting ray. We also so what I hope was a tarpoon. It was a huge fish, well five fish, in the distance. I made myself believe they were tarpoon. I will be planning my next trip and I am going to return to PLaya Uvas very soon.

Thanks for all the great advice. This was the highlight of my trip

Wishin4cozumel & Starbright,

Great review!! Thanks for sharing w/us!!:D

Stir,

I hope you have a great time on your trip...i'm so jealous right now!! I forgot to post pics the other day!! If i remember tonight when I get home I will post more pics!!

Looking seriously at Uvas for my Cozumel stop in December. I see they have an open bar offer for $17pp and an open bar/lunch of fajitas for $27. I don't need kayaks or snorkel tours, I am experienced and have my own equipment. 2 quick question(s):

1) They say this doesn't include the entrance fee, but they never say what the entrance fee is. Does anyone know?

2) Am I better off paying the extra $10 for the fajitas, or should I just get the bar deal and order my food a la carte? Obviously a much better selection that way, but I didn't know if entrees are $20 or something, making a $10 plate of fajitas a great deal.

TIA.

Looking seriously at Uvas for my Cozumel stop in December. I see they have an open bar offer for $17pp and an open bar/lunch of fajitas for $27. I don't need kayaks or snorkel tours, I am experienced and have my own equipment. 2 quick question(s):

1) They say this doesn't include the entrance fee, but they never say what the entrance fee is. Does anyone know?

2) Am I better off paying the extra $10 for the fajitas, or should I just get the bar deal and order my food a la carte? Obviously a much better selection that way, but I didn't know if entrees are $20 or something, making a $10 plate of fajitas a great deal.

TIA.

These are my questions also. Would love to try Uvas this summer instead of Chankanaab. The pictures look wonderful! I'm also wondering if our kids (16, 19) can just snorkel from the beach at Uvas like they have at Chankanaab?

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

http://playauvas.com/images/PlayaUvasPackages.pdf

The link above is the current price list for Playa Uvas...and somewhere back in the earlier pages of this thread is an ala carte menu.

The admission fee is $7 and goes to the National Marine Park funds. Playa Uvas is located on the same reef system as Chankanaab, and has to be very careful of environmental issues.

If you like fajitas, or the fish plate (highly recommend!), then the package deal is a great value. Ala Carte items are very reasonably priced, too.

Your kids can snorkel from shore at Playa Uvas.

Have a great time!

My wife & I will be stopping in Cozumel on 1/26/08 from 8am to 8pm. As of now, we are renting a convertible VW bug from ISIS & heading to the beach. After reading within this thread, we will be going to Uvas (b/r these I was considering Putna Sur). However, I have a few questions: (1) is there parking at Uvas?; (2) is it worth it to get the rental car (I have to take a taxi to ISIS & it's $35 rental from 8 to 6:30) or is Uvas an all-day affair (currently, we are planning on going to Uvas in the morning and afternoon, heading to Cocunuts late in the day, then dropping off the car at 6pm & shopping b/r re-boarding); (3) is it necessary to make a reservation at Uvas for the packages/massages before we leave? (my wife wants the beach/bar package, I want the beach, bar, snorkle package & we both want the shorter massages); (4) Based on the posts, it appears that Uvas is near the port - how far is it from a decent shopping area?

Thanks in advance!

17 more days for me!!

Eduardo, get ready...:D

Stir - what date are you going to be there? We just booked last-minute on Fantasy and will be in Coz on Feb 2. Seriously thinking about heading back to Uvas.

No one is interested in snorkeling this trip...just want the open bar and loungers and I see the price for that is $17. Question about the kayaks....can you rent one for just a little while and go out on your own? I'm thinking I'm not going to want to paddle around out there for a full 45 min. Eduardo???

Also, has anyone been to both Mr. Sanchos and Uvas and can explain the main differences?