Exchange rate warning

According to a holiday programme I watched yesterday in the UK, the dollar is set to change yet again against sterling by the end of the summer (ie, according to the programme the UK exchange rate will be about 1GBP = 2 dollars). Great from our point of view, not so good from yours.

It may be worth US travellers visiting the UK checking these predictions, and possibly changing your dollars now.

Regards, Mary

• 5 weeks later...

...And if you the cruiseline offers to 'bill the cabin charges you in your home currency" JUST SAY NO! Always go with the standard on board currency and have your credit card company do the exchange. On our Princess cruise the rate they tried to charge was 3 percent higher than our credit card rate. They did this even after we had spefically requested that they do not bill us this way. SO beware, get a printout of your bill on the last night, AND check the billing currency. Apparently Princess are not the only ones who try this on.

According to a holiday programme I watched yesterday in the UK, the dollar is set to change yet again against sterling by the end of the summer (ie, according to the programme the UK exchange rate will be about 1GBP = 2 dollars). Great from our point of view, not so good from yours.

It may be worth US travellers visiting the UK checking these predictions, and possibly changing your dollars now. Regards, Mary

Makes me glad we have prepaid our pre and post cruise hotels / car and flights......;) Also saved some GBPs from last years trip. Glad I didn't get burned selling them back, and then buying them again for this trip.....:)

Archived