Beds and Pillows...

pta191

Any opinions on the confort of the beds and pillows on HAL, specifically Zuiderdam? This is our first cruise and do not know what to expect.

7 days until we leave!!!!!!!!

Our last cabin on Zuidy was a Cat S and we found the bed to be extremely comfortable. There were at least 10 pillows and matching duvet that I would have LOVED to take home!

47b4db10b3127ccebf0f798558520000001610

Hi Candy: Really enjoyed your photos. What suite did you have? We are in an aft suite on the Westerdam this winter...and I am curious about the cabin space. I know the afts are of different size...and wondered which one you had.

thanks,

Little Feet

We have always found our beds on HAL to be comfortable. DH loves the feather pillows and always asks our steward to bring him a few. We are looking forward to trying the new mattress and bedding on Maasdam next month. Reports about them have been very positive. I'm not a great sleeper and if I get a good night's sleep on the new bedding I shall be a very happy cruiser. :)

Are the beds on HAL better than other cruise lines? :confused: Are they not the typical 4 inch foam on plywood?

Usually after a night of cocktails and wine at dinner and a sleeping pill I am good until 7 AM, unless heartburn kicks in :(

We were in 6167 which was actually a HCP suite. The cabin was slightly smaller than the rest of the Cat S cabins and the bath was configured for a walk-in shower. Still spacious, and the bonus was an absolutely huge veranda with the most beautiful view over the wake.

Hi Candy: Really enjoyed your photos. What suite did you have? We are in an aft suite on the Westerdam this winter...and I am curious about the cabin space. I know the afts are of different size...and wondered which one you had.

thanks,

Little Feet

Hi

I understand, I think, that HAL is going to install fleetwide a more premium mattress and pillows and bedding. Is this true? Are they installing it in all categories of cabins? When is this suppossed to be finished? I know many hotels are doing this, I will book with Westin thesedays because the heavenly bed is worth quite a bit to me when I travel. While I have never had a real problem with the beds the way they have been, I would appreciate an upgrade in this area because they have always been merely adequate.

thanks

jc

Thanks K K, for confirming what I thought I knew, although the Spring 2005 I was not aware of.

That is great news!

And a really good reason to sail HAL. I guess the cruiseline isn't all bad, despite all of the sky is falling talk.:D

jc

Archived