So...what does everyone think of inside staterooms??

OurFamily

Hello All,

I really want to take my family on a Disney cruise in 2007. I have two young children. Needless to say the Disney cruises are quite expensive. It would be much more affordable if we stayed in an inside stateroom (which we've done before on Royal Carribean).

Just curious of opinions on the inside rooms on the Disney cruise line?? Especially if it's the only way you may be able to afford the vacation!

thanks so much!

Our first cruise was Disney and we loved it. We had a inside cabin which was fine with us. Too much going on, on board to spend too much time in the cabin and it was dark so if we needed naps in the afternoon no problem, Would suggest a lighted alarm clock...so you know what time it is. We had 4 in our cabin 2 adults and a 16 and 13 year old. No problems at all.

Kim

Our adult kids and their families have had inside rooms everytime and loved it.

There is so much going on that they were only there to change clothes and sleep. Son who was 18 loved to be able to have total darkness so he could nap in the afternoon after being out so late.

They have plenty of room for a family. Our daughter wa s a family of 4 and they got along great too.

I say, save some money and book them, you wont be in it enough to miss the window anyway.

mom x4,grandma x4

If you book early enough, you might be able to book one of the four secret porthole rooms on the Magic or Wonder. They are sold as a cat 10 inside, but they have an obstructed porthole. They are on deck 5., 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524.

We've been on the Magic twice, both times in inside cabins. The inside cabins on Disney are much larger than the insides we've had on other cruiselines (Carnival/Norwegian). I really don't mind being without a window. A balcony would be nice, but I can never justify the difference in price. With two kids along, I'd suggest going with a category 10 instead of a category 11 though. It's a little bit more expensive, but you get a split bathroom so that one can use the toilet and someone else can use the shower at the same time. That's a great feature for families! We haven't booked our next Disney cruise yet, but I'm sure we'll be in an inside cabin again!

• 2 weeks later...

We've had inside rooms only on our Disney Cruises. It will do, especially while everything is happening on the deks and you only will see you stateroom to sleep. When your eyes are closed you simply don't have any advantage of a window or balcony.

Go for it! I agree with Ginamarie that the Category 10 rooms are really nice because of the split bathroom. We had one on our cruise in March and liked it a lot. It can sometimes be nice to have as few distractions as possible when you are trying to put little ones down for a nap or bed!

Either way, it's all good.

If you have an inside stateroom, you'll usually be in there just for sleep and showering and you'll have that much more money to spend elsewhere.

If you have an outside stateroom, you'll spend more time in there and enjoy the view.

Remember that all of the rest of the cruise is the same to all of the guests.

Guest YesitDonna

If an inside cabin is all I can do that will get me on a ship... inside cabin here I come!

Side note to Ginamarie : Carnival's inside cabins are 185ft and Disney 184ft, Perhaps it was Norwegian you were thinking of.

We always sail in inside rooms. Always have a great time. All we usually do is sleep in the rooms anyways. Go for the inside! The vacation will still be wonderful. Disney has some of the biggest rooms at sea also.

Matt

Guess I'm the exception - inside cabins are like walk-in closets to me, and I don't vacation in a closet. I can live with an oceanview, prefer a balcony, and won't consider an inside (I've done it in the past - no longer though).

You might consider another cruise line if money is tight. You can get a cruise that's just as nice on the newer Carnival ships, and they supposedly have excellent kids programs too. You'll probably end up with an outside or possibly a verandah for what you'd pay for an inside on Disney - and although I prefer HAL my friends with kids have all raved about Carnival (including those who have done Disney cruises repeatedly).

one warning on an inside cabin. Its so dark when you shut the lights off if you want to take a nap in the late afternoon you might end up waking up after dinner.

I have cruised all three ways. An inside room, a room with a window and a balcony room. I say a cruise is great no matter what. An inside room is better then the view out the window over your sink as your washing the dinner dishes. :D

We've had inside rooms only on our Disney Cruises. It will do, especially while everything is happening on the deks and you only will see you stateroom to sleep. When your eyes are closed you simply don't have any advantage of a window or balcony.

We must be related becasue that is exactly how I express it.

They really are quite nice and I have never been in them for anyhting but sleeping or primping so I never missed the window or verandah.

Archived