Carnival Legend NYC Caribbean Cruise Comments / Reviews

Mark

OK folks, I am sailing on the May 28 Legend to the Caribbean and would love to hear from any of you who took the last couple of cruises on her. Tell us what you liked and did not like and what to do or not do to have a great time?

So some you Legend cruisers, fill us in upon your return to NYC!:cool:

We sailed on the Legend on May 4 - 12. We had a great time!!! We loved our balcony cabin (8152) The staff were very nice. Even the few times we saw the Captain I was impressed, He was very personable!!! The food was great...buffets, dining room...great. I wish I was still on the ship!!! 8 days just wasn't long enough!!! We had great weather too.....not much rocking at all.... Enjoy your trip!!! I am jealous!!!

Ann

truluv- any extra day is worth it! (to me). As far as sea days, there were plenty of activities. We just use the sea days to relax but there was always something to do... pool activities, trivia, bingo...

bbiggar- We drove to the pier so no taxis or transfers, but upon disembarking the taxi line did seem long....

ENJOY THE LEGEND.... IT WAS GREAT!!!!

The Legend is a fantastic ship! We sailed on her last May in Balcony Cabin 8124 and are sailing the Legend again this September in Cabin 8120!

Everything was just great...the rooms, the food, the entertainment, the crew and especially the adults only pool in the back of the ship!

I am even considering taking my mother, who has never cruised before, on this same cruise again next Spring! It might be her one and only cruise and I want it to be a great experience... and I know how wonderful the Legend is!

Iam going on the legend in june just got cabin assigment not really happy we have a 7A cabin 5146 (obstruced balacony) anyone have actully pictures from the legend with this cabin or around this cabin.. really want to know how bad the obstruction really is... thanks for any help

-marie

Hey,

Those of you who mentioned you're sailing on the Legend in June...if you're going on the 6/21 sailing...please join our roll call. Go to forum jump, click on the Legend, and you'll see our listed date.

Happy cruising!

JackieL

Just got off the Legend yesterday. It was the best vacation I have ever taken. The ship is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly. The captain took a picture with us. It was mother's day and they had a little ceremony and called up all the mother's to the stage to take a picture with the captain. They gave us some cake. I can't say enough about the ship and my experience.

Iam going on the legend in june just got cabin assigment not really happy we have a 7A cabin 5146 (obstruced balacony) anyone have actully pictures from the legend with this cabin or around this cabin.. really want to know how bad the obstruction really is... thanks for any help

-marie

We were in one of those obstructed cabins on a Cruise to Nowhere in '04. We had a big 'ole lifeboat blocking the view. We could see over it and under it, but that was about all. Wasn't even our assigned lifeboat - go figure :)

We were in one of those obstructed cabins on a Cruise to Nowhere in '04. We had a big 'ole lifeboat blocking the view. We could see over it and under it, but that was about all. Wasn't even our assigned lifeboat - go figure :)

Do you have pics, by any chance? I've been trying to get a sense of the worst case scenario for obstructed balconies on Legend.

Also, did you book a balcony guarantee, or were you upgraded? I understand that if you book a balcony guarantee, the chances of ending up with an obstructed balcony is miniscule to none, and that they're really only given to upgrades from interior or oceanview guarantees.

Here's a good link about extend balcony cabins.

Can someone tell me about the extended balcony cabins on the Panaroma deck?

Here is picture of a similar balcony http://community.webshots.com/photo/549385184/2344146250047282162OezUtO

I believe that there is one reclining chair, one regular chair and a small table on each balcony. The picture shows two balconies with the divider between them open. There is also an overhang above you. There was a similar thread today about extended balconies http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=337351

Do you have pics, by any chance? I've been trying to get a sense of the worst case scenario for obstructed balconies on Legend.

Also, did you book a balcony guarantee, or were you upgraded? I understand that if you book a balcony guarantee, the chances of ending up with an obstructed balcony is miniscule to none, and that they're really only given to upgrades from interior or oceanview guarantees.

Sorry - no I didn't take any pics in the room. When we booked there were no unobstructed balconies available. Since it was only a 2 day Cruise to Nowhere, we decided to take a chance. We had "French Doors" that opened, but no balcony and not much view.

If I was going on a longer cruise, I think I would ask to have an ocean view cabin instead - better a window that you can see out of.

Archived