Norwegian Jewel question?

Elizabeth27

Hi, I am just about ready to book my November 2006 cruise on the Jewel for the Eastern Caribbean from Miami itinerary. It will go to San Juan, Antigua, St. Thomas and Great Stirrup Cay. We are considering booking a category BA balcony stateroom.

I know we will love sitting on our balcony as we arrive in a port or when we leave one at the end of the day. My question is for anyone who has sailed this itinerary, is port or starboard side better, in general, for getting the best view of the ports as we arrive/depart? I know the ship might sometimes change its approach into port from voyage to voyage, but a general idea would be very helpful.

Also, has anyone stayed in this category of stateroom? Any information or advice on room selection in this category?

Thanks so much, we are very excited about booking this cruise and getting the planning underway!

On our cruise in February,

Port side faced the dock in San Juan,

Starboard faced the dock in Antigua,

Port side faced the dock in San Juan and

Port side faced the private island.

I would go port side again.

Last Dec. when we were on the Jewel, port side was great for sailing into San Juan. The fort is right there as you sail by. Don't remember much about Antigua but sailing out of St. Thomas was nice on the port side also. While we were at GSC, starboard was facing the island.

Elizabeth --

From your countdown line in your signature, it looks like you're booked on the same cruise we are (11/5). We'd love to have your come join our roll call. There are a bunch of them who have traveled together before, but several of us aren't officially part of the "FOMT" bunch -- at least, not yet. If you're interested, here's the link: hhttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263297ttp://

Archived