Immigration form problems

travlin4fun

Our online immigration form shows us disembarking mid-cruise to fly to Barrow. This is news to us! On this page, the fields do not allow us to change the information.

I called HAL and they said that the TA has to make the change. Hopefully I will be able to reach her in time tomorrow so she can take care of this while she is trying to also find out what ever happened to our docs.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Can it be fixed easily? (So far, nothing else has been easy.) We are leaving Friday, and hope that our long awaited vacation will be trouble-free (as opposed the the barrage of problems we have had to deal with pre-cruise.)

Oh....if we can only get there...it will be so nice. Can't wait to have these pre-cruise nightmares behind us... We can deal with the weather and everything else, if we can only get there.

Or you can fill out the forms that come with your cruise tickets and luggage tags. But if your itinerary is truly wrong, I wouldn't want to wait for the docs to arrive. As others said, get with your TA ASAP.

I did get in touch with my TA. It turns out that this IS part of the tour we booked. We never received any docs, so I couldn't tell anything from that. But last week the TA told me what the flight numbers were, and I sure didn't see this. Turns out there was a change of plans, and sure enough, we will be going to Barrow.

That's okay! We are after adventure and I'm looking forward to every minute of this trip! The trip went from a non stop flight to Prudhoe Bay to a flight from Anchorage to Fairbanks, then to Barrow then to Prudhoe Bay. I can live with this. I'll be tired, since we will have only a few hours of sleep, but it will be a great opportunity to get air shots of Fairbanks and Barrow, in addition to Prudhoe Bay.

So...the immigration forms only cover the cruise portion. Our trip is so long that I didn't realize that our veendam portion of the trip would be done on this day. It was my mistake, and since the flight number was changed from what I was told, I freaked out and figured this was yet another problem with the trip.

Thanks to all who responded. This seemed so bizarre to me, but now I'm good with it. Just hope they come through with the docs since we leave Friday. This is a complicated trip, and I'm hoping that it will go as planned, at least as far as having transfers available to get us where we need to be on time. We can live with the rest as long as we get what was promised in the brochure. This is a trip of a lifetime. It will be great! Can't wait, but it will be a short wait anyhow. Giddy with anticipation!

Thaks again. Sure love this board. Helps a lot!

Archived