Conquest 5/28 - Cozumel question

bubble1

I will be arriving in COZ on Fri. 6/2 and have friends that will happen to be there that same week. We are trying to find a meeting place close to where we get off the ship. I notice there are 2 ships in port that day. Looks like we get in 1st and another ship gets in 1 hour after us. Does that mean we get the dock or do we still have to tender? Is Carlos and Charlies the restaurant right there when we get off? I hear there are 2 areas where the ships can come in. I just want to make sure I know exactly where the Conquest arrives that day. Also, read so much on what to do there, but nothing is really doing it for me. I've been there 2 other times via Carnival and did Playa Mia/Del Sol both times(kids 9 and 11). Thought it was a nice place, but thinking about doing something different this time, but not $85/person different :) Is Paradise Beach about the same? Worried more about the kids having fun... Like the shopping right when you get off the ship. DT shopping didn't do it for me. In Jamaica we will go to Sunset Beach Resort and Cayman will do the Stingray thing. Don't want to rent a car since we will have the other family of 4 with us. Not into scuba or snorkling. Any suggestions?

I will be arriving in COZ on Fri. 6/2 and have friends that will happen to be there that same week. We are trying to find a meeting place close to where we get off the ship. I notice there are 2 ships in port that day. Looks like we get in 1st and another ship gets in 1 hour after us. Does that mean we get the dock or do we still have to tender? Is Carlos and Charlies the restaurant right there when we get off? I hear there are 2 areas where the ships can come in. I just want to make sure I know exactly where the Conquest arrives that day. Also, read so much on what to do there, but nothing is really doing it for me. I've been there 2 other times via Carnival and did Playa Mia/Del Sol both times(kids 9 and 11). Thought it was a nice place, but thinking about doing something different this time, but not $85/person different :) Is Paradise Beach about the same? Worried more about the kids having fun... Like the shopping right when you get off the ship. DT shopping didn't do it for me. In Jamaica we will go to Sunset Beach Resort and Cayman will do the Stingray thing. Don't want to rent a car since we will have the other family of 4 with us. Not into scuba or snorkling. Any suggestions?

It is kinda up in the air due to the damage....I believe I read somewhere that the Rhapsody got the dock. In November we were tendered in downtown across from a shopping area, there was a Fat Tuesday there. Paradise beach is free to hang out. For an $8 wristband your kids can use the climbing glacier (in the water), water trampoline, snorkeling gear, kayaks, etc. There is a restaurant there, the food is very good. Hope that helps :)

Paradise Beach is a good place to take the kids. There are a lot of water toys they can play on. Really, there is something for everyone. It is worth the cab ride (our driver decided to zoom between another cab and a horse carriage) to get there.

A co-worker just returned Monday (5/22) giving me the entire low-down as we are sailing the same cruise in July. She said the RC Rapsody(sp?) looked to be about half the size of the Conquest and that there was a dock in Cozumel that could accomodate it. Conquest is too large for the current facilities so they had to tender in.

Sorry

1eb3re2.jpg?phIydeEBPXFLhf2_ Carnival Ship @Cozumel acb3re2.jpg?phIydeEB2dEP21ny Wilma destroyed terminal

I went to Cozumel on Conquest last June and went back in May 06 to go diving. The dock we used last year is completely destroyed. Carlos and Charlie’s and Senior Frogs are downtown Saint Miguel near the Downtown Cruise terminal. The large Carnival ships tendered near the cruise terminal which is about a mile south of town. The ships appear to magically stay in position without anchoring. There are several good restaurants in town.

Although there are lots of shops, they mostly sell the same stuff Jewelry and/or t-shirts. There is also a nice National Park, Chanakanaab, that may interest you. It is not too far from the cruise terminal and costs about 12$(no need to get Pesos). 3fecre2&.dnm=acb3re2.jpg&.src=ph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cozumel

http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/

3fecre2&.dnm=1eb3re2.jpg&.src=ph3fecre2&.dnm=acb3re2.jpg&.src=ph

We just returned from the Conquest and it does tender but it uses the downtown tender pier which drops you off directly in the center of downtown. The International Pier is the only working cruise ship pier at the moment and (as others have noted) is too small for the Conquest. Carols & Charlie's/Senior Frogs/Shrimp Bucket are all about 5-6 blocks south of the tender pier, perhaps a 10-15 minute walk if you want to meet your friends there. Las Palmeras is another choice, it is directly across the street from the tender pier.

Archived