Oceania vs Regent

gopackgo

Hi,

We are thinking about a cruise next year and we have been on 3 Regent cruises and loved them. But we would like to try another line for variety sake. I just love the looks of the Oceania ships - they are gorgeous. And their itineraries look intriging. Have any of you O Cruisers also sailed with Regent (Radisson) and if so, can you compare the two? I know that the tips, alcohol and soft drinks are not included up front with Oceania. I also realize the standard cabins are smaller.

I am curious about the food, service, entertainment and general ambiance comparisons.

Thanks!

Ginny

You are right the "R" experience is to die for!"

However from the "rave" postings on the "O" boards and tales of personal friends, we have decided to use the "O" in future.

The PH suits are = to the "R" standard size, they have butler service and althougn they do not have inclusive prices for drinks etc. their trariff is much,much lower. As we do not drink we always feel that we are spending a little too much on "R" but have done it anyway for the ambience, service and cuisine. From what we hear the "O" is a very close second for people not looking for lavish entertainment, a similar group of fellow passengers, open seating, restaurant choice and superior service and cuisine.:):)

There are "differences", of course, but both these cruise lines can be highly recommended. (We have been on both a number of times)...

These differences, while few, are mainly a matter of your own personal choices and wishes. Do you wish an "all-inclusive" type of cruise where wines and tips are built in to the cost? Is the night-time entertainment important to you? Are you mainly interested in which ports are visited? And so on.....

However, let us say that both Regent and Oceania are "tops" with us and you should not be disappointed in whatever you may choose. Most recently, we have cruised with Oceania, and have two more with them planned, if that helps you at all....

Enjoy - Whatever your decision may be.....

Thank Goodness!! If my DH had to dress up in a Tux, we would never have considered cruising!! He is a well dressed man(being in the menswear bus)so when he vacations that is the last thing he would do. He will bring a sportscoat to wear on occasion to dinner. When I wear my dinner suit. Otherwise it will be sportshirt or sweater. After all we are on vacation. Only 27 days till sailaway!!! Jeanine

We have been on 5 Regent and 10 Oceania cruises and wont go back on Regent because of the dress code..being from the beach area in California Stu has not even taken a jacket on our last 9 Oceania cruises..and hasnt missed it..

I remember on the Inaugural of the Regatta..Frank had a question and answer session and someone askedabout wearing a tux..Frank said if anyone did they would probably put them to work in the dining room..

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

We're RSSC fans, with previous Renaissance experience, ready to go on our first Oceania cruise 7/14. I just found that I had an Oceania 'Returning Passenger' number because I'd been on Renaissance. Both of our RSSC cruises were casual - to Alaska and Tahiti. I never even wore a sports coat in Tahiti. On others, as I understand it, you can always eat elsewhere if you don't want to dress up, so I wouldn't avoid RSSC due to the formal night - much as I prefer the casual code. I'm not sure how I'll deal with the nickel and diming of signing for a Coke, but in the end I'll have saved money.

Is the night-time entertainment important to you?

We found the evening entertainment very similar on both Regent and Oceania - no Vegas type production shows, but pleasant on both.

Mike

Archived