Island Star

remy99

just return from a mediterranean cruise aboard Island Star. it was our first time 'freestyle' cruising and i must say we were pleasantly surprised.

anybody else been on Island Star?, if so what did you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got any interior photos of her? I have not seen many.

I know this ship from her (and my) early days when she was Celebrity's HORIZON. She was my first ship so I have always had a soft spot for her. It would be interesting to see what they have done to her interiors.

In terms of layout she is basically the same except that her observation lounge has been filled in with cabins. It was a lovely space, but admittedly rather under-used...

shazza

you wont be disappointed!

we've been on 7 or so different ships in the past. we were very impressed overall so far as to say it is joint 1st on our favourite cruises so far.:)

is there anything specific that you want to know?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I'm booked on the Island Star in October. It's my first time ever cruise. I'm now a bit concerned as our cabin is on Golden Deck, right above the Theatre. Did you meet anyone on board who complained of noise? What time do the shows finish at? Does anyone recommend I request a change of cabin, if so where would be the best position?

I always thought a cruise would be quite formal but reviews suggest that the Isand Star is very informal...some suggest it's a bit too informal, how did you find it?

Have you got any interior photos of her? I have not seen many.

I know this ship from her (and my) early days when she was Celebrity's HORIZON. She was my first ship so I have always had a soft spot for her. It would be interesting to see what they have done to her interiors.

In terms of layout she is basically the same except that her observation lounge has been filled in with cabins. It was a lovely space, but admittedly rather under-used...

My TA went on her delivery repositioning cruise and took some superb photos, they are posted elsewhere on another site though :(

• 2 weeks later...
My TA went on her delivery repositioning cruise and took some superb photos, they are posted elsewhere on another site though :(

Could you e-mail me the location of the site too please.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Could I possibly have the link as well, also don't suppose you have any pictures of her bridge.

Shes one of the ships I'm going to be working on come January :)

Could I possibly have the link as well, also don't suppose you have any pictures of her bridge.

I don't think Ally has any bridge photos but there are a couple here.

The bridge of this ship and her sister look pretty much like most any other one of the early 1990s era. Myself I prefer something like this for a bit more "shippy" character ;) !

Working aboard ISLAND STAR in January should be interesting, all Brasilian passengers I think! Do you speak Portuguese ;) ?

Anyhow, good luck!

I don't think Ally has any bridge photos but there are a couple here.

The bridge of this ship and her sister look pretty much like most any other one of the early 1990s era. Myself I prefer something like this for a bit more "shippy" character ;) !

Working aboard ISLAND STAR in January should be interesting, all Brasilian passengers I think! Do you speak Portuguese ;) ?

Anyhow, good luck!

Unfortunatley no, I dont speak Portuguese, I'm going to be joining her (or Island Escape) as one of Island Cruises Deck Cadets (Trainiee bridge officers) so it should be interesting :)

Thanks for the pics :-)

Unfortunatley no, I dont speak Portuguese, I'm going to be joining her (or Island Escape) as one of Island Cruises Deck Cadets (Trainiee bridge officers) so it should be interesting :)

Yes I know, I read your web site ;) !

I was rather surprised to see that you are starting your cadetship after university, is this common in the UK these days? I know a few British Captains and this is definitely not their background, they came up through maritime academies of various sorts usually starting at around 16! I gather a good deal has changed in the last 30 years or so, luckily for you I would say! The way they do it now seems much more sensible.

In the US it is still basically done the "old way", a quasi-military sort of education beginning after high school (which ends at 18, not 16 in the US - our whole education system is totally different).

Anyhow, I am now clogging up this thread with off-topic stuff, if you are inclined to chat further you are more than welcome to e-mail me though (of course).

Either way, good luck and have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Kay2 are you going 21 Oct by any chance. Regards Avenger

My cruise is the med explorer 14th - 21st October, we're both teachers so we have to go during the school holidays......even tho we are leaving the kids at home! Are you going on the 21st?

Archived