Fridge in cabin?

We take a small soft sided cooler. (one that holds 12 cans) and ask the room steward to keep it filled with ice- get rid of the ice bucket. It sits nicely on the desk and is out of the way. Besides it kept our stuff colder then a refrigerator.

Jenice, if you are asking about the Valor, it should have the mini-fridge in your room since it is a Conquest class ship. We also take a small soft-sided cooler for our champagne, and agree that it keeps it colder than the mini-fridge will. On the Glory, we had our cabin steward unlock our fridge, but when I felt inside to see how cold it was, I told her to go ahead and lock it back up. Our friend brought a bottle of wine to our cabin that she'd had in her cabin fridge for three days. It was barely cool, definitely not cold enough for me to drink. We put it on ice in the cooler, and it was icy cold within a couple hours.

Hubby was having a cow because he always picks up a sixpack in the Ports and throws in fridge to have on the balcony. I didn't know what "class" of ship the Valor was I really am clueless about Carnival our only sail was on the Jubilee and she was an older ship. I also forgot the search feature works now! So thanks for the quick responses! :)

Seawitch..is that ship the same "class" as the Valor? We fly across the US to cruise but usually come in a day early. One of these times I want to spend a whole day at that huge outlet mall. As long as I know ahead of time we can always pick up the softside cooler in Fl before we board. Does Carnival get snippy if you bring a six pack back from Port? :confused:

No, the Triumph isn't in the same class as the Valor, and as already mentioned only the Conquest and Spirit class ships have fridges in all the cabins. Carnival's policy is that they will hold any alcohol that you bring back on the ship with you in the ports. Some people get away with it, some don't. BUT, I can tell you that on the Glory last month I never saw anyone confiscating alcohol at all. I don't know about in Cozumel & Costa Maya, but I know for a fact they did not have a table set up to take alcohol when we were in Belize and Progreso. We had a bottle of wine in my beach bag when we reboarded the ship in Belize and two bottles of tequilla from Progreso. I put it through the scanner and they didn't say anything.

For the site, the explanation and the tip on "bringing onboard policy". We ran out to scoop up some great hanging baskets for $5.00 and I come back to this wealth of info! Our front porch is awash in green and I'm overwhelmed with how helpful you all are. Have a wonderful Sunday. ;)

I have been on cabins that have the mini fridge and I have to say that when I put my ice bucket in there so I have ice for my soda that is also in the fridge, by morning the ice is as melted as if it sat on the dresser and the soda was luke warm! This was on the Carnival ships as well as the Royal Caribbean ships. Princess does have refrigerators that do some justice to the word "refrigeration"! Your best bet is to bring a soft cooler and have your room steward fill it up every evening, the ice does last beter in there.

As far as bringing booze, beer, etc, in from a port .... there is no probelm bringing a 6 pack a beer on (have asked and been told they won't bother you for that) ... just don't try to stretch it too far by trying to bring on a case! The security people tell you when they see you bringing on a bottle of booze that you need to stop and deposit it at the table to be delivered to your oom at the end of the cruise, but once you pass them (security - and they are too busy watching the incoming passenger and don't pay you any attention) they do not follow through to make sure you do it, so you can just bypass the table and head up the stairwell or elevator unless you are carrying an obvious box that they pack the bottles in (this is just from my experience on the last 4 cruises). I usually just have a few bottles in my beach bag so it is not noticed by the people sitting at the table.

Archived