2 Nights in Denali?

candlelady

We're taking a cruisetour next May with RCCL and right now it just says 2 nights in Denali. Does that mean we're staying in the park or what? Will there be plenty for us to do? We're doing the Wilderness Tour.

The night before we're in Talkeetna and after the 2 nights in Denali we go by motorcoach to Fairbanks and spend the evening there before flying out. Another question......how long of a trip will it be from Denali to Fairbanks?

Thanks

You WANT 2 nights at Denali park, you stay outside in a nice hotel/lodge. There will be plenty to keep you occupied. It is a 2 hour bus trip Denali Park to Fairbanks. If you are on the train from Talkeetna, you do not get to Denali Park until 4pm, so really not a lot of time. If you are busing from Talkeetna, it's 3 1/2 hours bus ride.

Denali is absolutely amazing! You should not hesitate to stay there for 2 days...We found that the bus tour of Denali Nat'l Park was amazing plus we did a Glacier Landing tour and some other stuff! It's so beautiful!!! :D

We're taking a cruisetour next May with RCCL and right now it just says 2 nights in Denali. Does that mean we're staying in the park or what? Will there be plenty for us to do? We're doing the Wilderness Tour.

The night before we're in Talkeetna and after the 2 nights in Denali we go by motorcoach to Fairbanks and spend the evening there before flying out. Another question......how long of a trip will it be from Denali to Fairbanks?

Thanks

I hope your Wilderness Tour is the Tundra Wilderness Tour. RCI uses the words "guided experience" for what must be the Natural History Tour - which you don't want.

Yes Nancy, it is. I've read enough on this board that if it weren't I'd be calling to upgrade it! We don't go until next May but I'm learning so much here that I hope we'll make all the right choices.....but I'm sure we'll have a GREAT time since it will be our first time to Alaska and our first cruise too, I might add!

Archived