Past guest perks

PMARSHALL

We are just happy CCL did something, We like the embarkation part, we don't get a suite unless its a older ship. We like the regular balcony for just 2 people and the price is better. Debarkation we don't use, don't need to be the first off only on.

I really think that instead of the # of cruises, it should be the number of days cruised.

No way a 3 day cruise should be equal to a 12 day cruise. Seems that would make it a little more fair for the long cruisers.

I'll second that. Using days cruised would be more closely aligned to the ways airlines reward loyalty, regardless of price paid. 40 or 50 days at sea seems like a reasonable threshold.

I have said all along that it should have been based on "sea days" and not cruises....however, the industry standard (of using the number of cruises) had already been set by other cruise lines....so Carnival was just following suit.

We just returned from our Triumph cruise last Saturday. This is what we got for our platinum perks (my DH and I are both platinum)

1. Priority embarkation. This is really a nice perk. Did not have to wait in that long line to get on the ship.

2. Our cabin was decorated with "Bon Voyage" decorations. Really cute!!!

3. A carnival key chain.

4 TWO fruit baskets.

5. One entry EACH to either the slot or the blackjack tournament. We chose the slot tournament.

6. Horsderves (sp?) in the cabin the first formal night.

7. Petifors in the cabin the second formal night.

8. Wash and fold service. Ask your cabin steward about this. He will give you a laundry bag.

9. TWO Carnival tote bags.

10. THe best perk of all - Priority debarkation. You by pass all the lines.

Because looking at the list of perks requested earlier, I think 25 would be more appropriate....especially when you consider the number of 3 and 4 day cruises that Carnival offers (not to mention the 2 day cruises to nowhere) and the cheap rate (compared to Princess who does offer some better perks at the lower number of cruises).

No way are you going to get free internet and free spa treatment and a free night at the Supper Club at 15 cruises...but at 25, Carnival just might go for that!

Compromise: 20!!

How 'bout counting 2 Europeans cruises as a hefty bribe!

Or, from cruises 10-15 (or 20)to count-- no less than 7 day cruises!

Compromise: 20!!

How 'bout counting 2 Europeans cruises as a hefty bribe!

Or, from cruises 10-15 (or 20)to count-- no less than 7 day cruises!

That'll work!! LOL

We are looking at RCCL now (since Carnival stopped the Interline discounts for us) so we will have to start all over again anyway.

We just returned from our Triumph cruise last Saturday. This is what we got for our platinum perks (my DH and I are both platinum)

1. Priority embarkation. This is really a nice perk. Did not have to wait in that long line to get on the ship.

2. Our cabin was decorated with "Bon Voyage" decorations. Really cute!!!

3. A carnival key chain.

4 TWO fruit baskets.

5. One entry EACH to either the slot or the blackjack tournament. We chose the slot tournament.

6. Horsderves (sp?) in the cabin the first formal night.

7. Petifors in the cabin the second formal night.

8. Wash and fold service. Ask your cabin steward about this. He will give you a laundry bag.

9. TWO Carnival tote bags.

10. THe best perk of all - Priority debarkation. You by pass all the lines.

We are both platinum too....only got one tote bag and one fruit basket.....

Holland America Line counts days, not cruises. I wish carnival did. My 28 day b2b on liberty this fall only counts as 2 cruises :(

Even without changing their current plan, it seems it would be easy to "adjust" the number of cruises to 4 (based on 7 days each). Common Carnival....give the cruiser a break....pleazzzz!

We are both platinum too....only got one tote bag and one fruit basket.....

One the Pride all four of us are Platinum (hubby, myself, now 18 year old son and 14 year old son) and they left 4 tote logo bags. We really did not need 4, so we gave a couple to friends who were cruising with us. They would not however allow us to use the boys slot tournament coupons. They just lost that perk because they were under 21.

We will be on our 18th Carnival cruise, most are 7 days or longer. We will be sailing on the Victory to Halifax in a few short weeks (4 day cruise) and was wondering how many people with the Platinum status have cruised on shorter cruises? Where the perks the same or different?

Archived