Past guest perks

PMARSHALL

All I have to say is WOW now were talking. I best get cruising so I can enjoy the new perks that are being offered.

Carnival Cruise Lines Rolls Out New Past Guest Loyalty Program

05/18/2006

MIAMI (May 18, 2006) – Carnival Cruise Lines has introduced a new loyalty program providing past guests with a variety of value-added benefits and features, including priority embarkation and debarkation, guaranteed supper club reservations and dining times, personalized stationery and custom-designed Carnival logo items.

Available exclusively to “Platinum” cardholders who have sailed aboard the “Fun Ships” 10 or more times, the new “Carnival Concierge Club” benefits are designed to recognize and reward those longtime Carnival guests for their loyalty over the years.

“Carnival is committed to the highest standards of guest service and hospitality. The new ‘Carnival Concierge Club’ is just one more way of showing our appreciation to our loyal past guests by making their ‘Fun Ship’ cruise even more special and memorable,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

For additional information on the new “Carnival Concierge Club” and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

###

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World’s Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable destinations.

How To Book | Legal Notices | Contact Us | About Us | Travel Documentation | Brochure Request | FAQs | Customer Service

©Carnival Cruise Lines 2006. All rights reserved.

Only 6 More Cruises and I can have all this. This is good news. Way better than just a pin and free cocktail party.

I would like to see them implement the circle rewards program that Princess has.

Cheers,

is this for anyone who has cruised with carnival 10 times?

I don't know what the “Platinum” cardholders are, is it free to anyone who has 10 cruises or is that something that only they can but, but it costs money?

As someone else already noted...those perks have been around for a while now....

I'm waiting on:

Free Internet Minutes (as someone has already posted)

A Free Spa Treatment

One Night Free Supper Club Dinner

Then, I'll be excited!!!! Then, the platinum status will really be worth it!

is this for anyone who has cruised with carnival 10 times?

I don't know what the “Platinum” cardholders are, is it free to anyone who has 10 cruises or is that something that only they can but, but it costs money?

Yes, this is for anyone who has cruised NINE times...the perks actually start on your 10th cruise. So you don't have to complete 10 cruises before this kicks in. And it is only Carnival cruises. I know Princess etc are all owned by Carnival, but they do not count. However, the good news is that even 2 day cruises to nowhere count as a cruise!!

It costs nothing (but the price of the cruises). We did tip when we used our free wash and fold service on the Pride in March. (twice, I loved it!!)

As someone else already noted...those perks have been around for a while now....

I'm waiting on:

Free Internet Minutes (as someone has already posted)

A Free Spa Treatment

One Night Free Supper Club Dinner

Then, I'll be excited!!!! Then, the platinum status will really be worth it!

I have written "Uncle Bob" that these additional perks should kick in at 25 cruises as an Elite (Black) card!!

I'm taking my daughter and a friend on a 4 night cruise in July for my 10th cruise with Carnival. My wife and I are booked on the new Freedom in June, 2007 for a 12 night out of Rome.

What exactly is the wash and fold benefit? Does that mean leavinga bag of laundry in the morning and it's washed, folded and returned the same day? If so, that's quite a benefit! How does the priority embarkation work? DO we go through some special line with no waiting at all? What about the tender priority and disembarkation?

Thanks!

I have written "Uncle Bob" that these additional perks should kick in at 25 cruises as an Elite (Black) card!!

Next time you write BOB - ask if they can throw in a FULL room service breakfast too...!!!:)

Tom

The only thing I wished, is that I would get a 2 fer for my 12 day Med last summer. Heck they count the short 4 days as one, why not give something to all of us who did the inaugral Europe.

Just my opinion

Good to see Carnival with a program for loyal customers. Our first two cruises were with Carnival and then we decided to give Royal Caribbean a try and we have 3 cruises with them...the 3rd will be on AOS in June.

We have our 3rd Carnival cruise booked for December on the Miracle and we are really looking forward to another Carnival cruise. We plan to base our future cruises solely on pricing and itinerary.

John & Shari

Is the priority embarkation and debarkation only for Platinum or for all past guests regardless of how many cruises they've been on?

The priority embarkation and debarkation is platinum and suite cruisers only. CCL has a lot of repeat cruisers. I have no official numbers but I'd be willing to bet that at least 1/2 the people on a given cruise would be repeaters.

Bill

Just got off the Inspiration Monday and I got a really nice tote bag from Carnival concierge club.

I think the internet and maybe some other perks would be nice for @% cruises also and a black "Elite" card would be cool.

25!!!! Why not 15!

Because looking at the list of perks requested earlier, I think 25 would be more appropriate....especially when you consider the number of 3 and 4 day cruises that Carnival offers (not to mention the 2 day cruises to nowhere) and the cheap rate (compared to Princess who does offer some better perks at the lower number of cruises).

No way are you going to get free internet and free spa treatment and a free night at the Supper Club at 15 cruises...but at 25, Carnival just might go for that!

I really think that instead of the # of cruises, it should be the number of days cruised.

No way a 3 day cruise should be equal to a 12 day cruise. Seems that would make it a little more fair for the long cruisers.

Archived