Cruise Docs

kingsrx

We are on a Med Cruise next month and taking my daughter (biological daughter) with us. We have passports but we have a few questions for being out of the country.

If we have passports do we need our Driver's Licsense? What about birth certificate? Can we bring copies or must it be originals?

Since I was remarried since DD was born, are they going to question that I am her biological parent? Are they going to request a document from her *real* parents? I am sure I am not the only with a different last name from my daughter, but it bothers me because once we get out of the country then I have no way to get anything, but I should have every right as her mother to bring her and should not need extra documentation.

Any thoughts are appreciated

If everyone in your party has a passport you will not need anything else unless you plan to rent a car and drive. If you are, grab an international driver's license as well (you can get one from AAA) and then take your own.

But otherwise, you should have no problem if you all have passports.

Since I was remarried since DD was born, are they going to question that I am her biological parent? Are they going to request a document from her *real* parents?

Any thoughts are appreciated

I would obtain a "consent" letter from the other parent. They may not ask for it, but if they do, you have it.:)

A few years ago we (DD, myself & 4 grandkids) traveled to Alaska. She got noterized letters from the kids Dads (2 different) Both X and Immegration asked for them. She even took her divorce papers to prove she had custody.

Also read by agent. Coming back into US at boarder they only asked for either passports or birth certificates which we all had. We even took all this along for Carribean cruise last fall and no one asked for anything about the kids, except for birth certificates/passports.

For our up coming trip to Europe we have passports, International drivers licenses and our CA driver licenses, so we are covered. No grandkids or DD traveling this time.

Francine

Archived