Hollywood Beach Marriott Hotel?

jerseygirl3

I was planning to stay at this hotel for 2 nights precruise next January.

Any comments, good and/or bad?

I'm using reward points....46,000 points for the two nights. If I want to stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale it'll cost 86,000 points for two nights. Is there that much of a difference between the two, and is the Hollywood Beach Marriott a dump?

The Hollywood Beach Mariott is wonderfull. I had a family member that worked there and got a grand tour of the place. They have a wonderfull outdoor bar/grill that overlooks the ocean/pool area. The rooms are great, everyone has a flat pannel TV. Not to sure on the area around the hotel, but the hotel is GREAT!

have never stayed at Marriott Hollywood but the website is gorgeous. in our opinion you are getting a great deal. go to sunny. org to check the great restaurants you can walk to, the entertainment, not to mention the beach, boardwalk, park, and great indigenous people!

Thank you so much for the positive reports on this property. We've always stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Marina Hotel, and since it was taken over, I can no longer use my reward points there. I'm really looking forward to staying at this other property next January. Thanks to all who replied.

I was planning to stay at this hotel for 2 nights precruise next January.

Any comments, good and/or bad?

I'm using reward points....46,000 points for the two nights. If I want to stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale it'll cost 86,000 points for two nights. Is there that much of a difference between the two, and is the Hollywood Beach Marriott a dump?

we were at hollywood last year, it was weston though and the area was very nice, though they were working on the beach which had been eroded the year before, I wonder how it fared with last years hurricanes (thye hit a few weeks after we left)

Oh I forgot, we took a taxi from miami to hollywood for our post cruise stay and I think it ran about $45.00 ( I recall the limo we rented on the way down from FLL to miami was $60.00)

hope that helps too!

June

jerseygirl3, how was the mariott marina hotel prior to the take over. i am planning on staying there in sept. how far of a taxi ride to the pier? is there food near by? fyi....the hotel that i told you about is a little over a year old

We've stayed at the Marriott Marina Hotel many, many times before the takeover. It was our favorite hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. The grounds are lovely, the pool area is very nice, there's a great Tiki Bar out by the pool, the docks surrounding the hotel have the most magnificant yachts (Greg Norman...the golfer...had his yacht parked here...the staff told us the yacht cost $90 million!). We walk around the marina surrounding the hotel and fantasize we own one of them!

The water taxi stop is right at that hotel. For a nominal fee (I think $10 pp) you can take the water taxi all around Ft. Lauderdale all day. Be sure to take it down to Las Olas Riverfront. The water taxi driver will give you a tour of all the celebrities homes.

The pier is right across the street from the hotel. The taxi ride will take 5 minutes. In fact, if you walk around the hotel the morning of your cruise, you will be able to see your ship from the grounds of the hotel.

Since being taken over, it didn't seem like much would change. We were there two weeks before the take-over, and most of the staff were planning on staying. In fact, if anything, I think the new owners are updating the rooms.

You won't be disappointed. I would happily stay there again, but I want to use my Marriott Reward points next winter.

I live in Hollywood, so I do know alittle about it. I was there 5-14 to help my friend celebrate her birthday. She stayed there, I just visited. It was beautiful. 95% of the rooms have oceanview. Flat screen TV. A small balcony. This hotel was never a Westin, you are thinking of the Westin Diplomat. You will not be the least disappointed in this hotel. The best part is the broadwalk. You can walk for miles and visit stores and restuarants. Even entertainment at the Bandshell on Johnson st.

Have fun.:)

Archived