Mercury sailing

Emmas gma

Just came off the Mercury on the day they were to set sail. The evening before outside of Vancouver, the captain turned the whole ship around. Was he lost, or did he want to show everyone on both sides of the ship the city of Vancouver? He was putting alot of lives at risk by failing a sobriety test, he deserved to be fired. Suppose he was piloting a plane? Always have gone on Celebrity and will continue. Did anyone else out there go on this cruise?

Howdy Emmas gma!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information regarding the Mercury and others that were on the cruise. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members ask for help on how to use the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek. 05.gif

To help you out, I am moving your thread to the Celebrity Cruises Forum where it will be on topic. I'm sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Sincerely glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thank you for stopping by the Help Forum!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Just for reference...the Captain isn't always sailing the ship...his crew does. He mostly makes decisions and oversees things.

As for the turn around. Pulling into port isn't always that easy. Not like pulling into a parking spot. Some times ships have to back out to get back on course, other times they have to do a 180 turn to set sail. Not sure of your cruising experience, but this sounds like it was completely normal.

Dave:eek:

Several times I have been on cruises and the Captain has moved the ship while we were in port. Once in Ketchikan when we arrived , another ship was in our dock space. So later that day he moved to the right space.

Archived