Norwegian Jewel

cmh

I have just booked a repositioning cruise to Europe on the Jewel for October of 2007. It is so far away, but the price was great and so are the ports. I hate to pack too much and was wondering if anyone has been on this ship if there are laundry facilities available. Some ships I have been on have washers and dryers and others do not. Thanks for your help.

Carolyn

Yes laundry facilities are available but often crowded (there's only 3 washers/dryers on either 3 or 4 floors). I know that on deck 10 it was located across the hall from 10080. The washers/dryers are free however the soap is $1 USD, no fabric softener available. We found that we could easily do a quick load of laundry early (6-8:00am...I'm an early riser) or sometimes on a port day if were early coming back to the ship.

I have just booked a repositioning cruise to Europe on the Jewel for October of 2007. It is so far away, but the price was great and so are the ports. I hate to pack too much and was wondering if anyone has been on this ship if there are laundry facilities available. Some ships I have been on have washers and dryers and others do not. Thanks for your help.

Carolyn

Welcome aboard. Yep, they have laundry facilities.

Since you are new, a few suggestions.

First, if it is the Oct trip trip, isn't the Jewel headed from Europe to the states? We recently booked that for this October.

You might want to read through the roll calls for the TA going over this past April/May as well as the one for this October. Check to see if there is a roll call for your cruise yet and join it.

If you want to learn more about the laundry facilties, you could do a search on JEWEL and LAUNDRY which should bring up some postings.

Same with packing, but will tell you most people will admit they overpacked.

Scan back through a few pages worth of postings and you will begin to find other questions you had not thought of. Also, there are good reviews in the reviews section that provide lots of details.

Then, when you do want to ask a question, try to make your subject line more descriptive to help people help you.

Happy Cruising

Laundry on Deck 5,9 and 11 plus one more: the soap as mentioned is $1 per box and do not use an entire box in one load as the machines are smaller than normal. It was a God send for us as we have already been in Europe over a week when we sailed her last Sept. WE did 2 batches the second day out and 1 or 2 next to the last day. NMNita

Archived