ncl sun room 1001

We were in cabin 1003 on the Sun. We did not hear any noise from the Observation lounge above. We have been on 2 cruises now on forward facing balconies. Remmember that if you have a 15 knot head wind and the ship is traveling at 25 knots, then you have 40 knots of wind on your balcony. On the other hand, if there is a wind blowing from the rear or side of the ship, then the wind does not seem so bad or even nonexistant. I would take a forward facing cabin again. The wind never seemed to be much of an issue for us. Have a great trip on the Sun.... My favorite NCL ship!

I'm in 1002 in Nov. A while back there was lots of chatter about fwd facing balconies. Most folks say the same thing that Sideways is saying, possible wind, but not much on overhead nose. I've done aft balconies (and side) in the past, this time, we're gonna try fwd. Do a search on these boards, you might find more info. BTW, if you're on the Sun, the same week as I am, can I use your hot tub?:D

We (through an upsell!!) had room 9001, a forward penthouse in November. It was wonderful. The wind was fine and I loved the view. The only thing was I believe we were just below the bridge and one night we had friends over for drinks and were on the balcony with the light on. Within 5-10 minutes of turning on the light, we received a call to turn our balcony light off. Apparently it interferes with vision or navigation from the bridge. But I would take a room with a forward view anytime. I think you will love it.

We were in the owners suite on the Sun (can't recall the cabin #) which is as forward-facing as you can get on deck 11. It can get a bit windy on the balcony, but what's cruising if you can't feel the wind in your hair?! We did get some muted noise from the observation deck at night, but it wasn't terrible, and didn't affect our ability to sleep. It usually died out by 11:00 p.m. We had calm seas, but when the wind picked up, we could definitely feel the motion. If we cruise again, I'll probably pick a cabin toward the back of the ship and on a lower deck and see if there's a difference in the motion.

BTW, if you're on the Sun, the same week as I am, can I use your hot tub?:D

I wish I was booked on the Sun again. That hot tub was really nice at night. Another good thing about the Sun's 11th forward facing balconies. You have almost total privacy from the side and above. If you stand at the rail, people above on the 12 deck can see the back of your head... that's all. There big partitions between the side cabins.... at least there was between 1002 and 1003. This is a big difference from the Sun class ships that have no privacy on any of the forward facing balconies.

Correction to my last post. I said the Sun Class ship but ment Star Class. Meaning the Star, Dawn, Jewel and all the new ones since then.

Also to add to what "Another ship trip" said..... On the Sun, the bridge is on the 10th deck. So the 11th deck balconies do not have the restriction to the light like the cabins on the 9th deck do. We had the same experience when we were in a foreward facing balcony on the Star. The bridge was above us so they don't let you have the balcony light on at night.

Archived