Camuy Caves - Private Tour?

Jules1

We'll be in San Juan on the Crown Princess from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and are looking for a private tour to Camuy Caves. Does anyone have any suggestions for a company or individual that could help us with this?

I'm not sure why you want a guide. It's very easy to rent a car and drive on your own. The caves have tour guides, so you would basically just be paying someone to drive you to the cave. If you've seen other caves, I'd go to El Yunque instead. If you like walking, there is a beautiful trail to hike to a waterfall for a swim!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I would like to know of any private tours as well. I am not interested in seeing the rainforest at all. I want a private tour so that I don't have to drive but just look around at the scenery on the way without looking at a map etc.

not a particularly scenic tour. but sort of a compromise between driving yourself and paying for a tour is to hire a taxi. i have found most drivers to be courteous and knowledgeable, as well as less expensive than a tour. you can also ask them to bring you to a good local eatery on the way back. i truly believe that to know a destination is to eat the destination.

steve

Archived