Time zone changes

kamfan

My wife and I will be sailing from Vancouver doing the inside passage, to Ketchican, Jeaneau and Skagway. I understand that Alaska is an hour later than Vancouver, but my question is what time does the ship use, and if it changes, when do they change times? For instance we leave Vancouver at 5:30 local time, does the ship continue to use that time, or does it switch to local time for each port? And if it does, when does the change occur and while at sea, what time is used?

Alaska is one hour EARLIER than Pacific time. Normally, the ship would change the time in the middle of the night for the least amount of confusion, but it should be listed in the daily ship's bulletin.

Now can you just get some of the businesses on the East Coast to understand this so that they don't call at 4:30 AM?!?! :eek:

But you take all the fun out of it.;) How else will they get back at you for calling as they are trying to go to bed?

The time is set back your 2nd night of the cruise and forward the night before you last full sailing day. (except the NCL Wind which has 2 sailing days at the end of the cruise, the time goes back 2 days prior)

Archived