Internet on Grandeur

I don't know about wireless. I was on Feb 2006 and I didn't read anything about wireless access. My gold C & A coupon book only had $5.00 off the regular access in the Explorers Club (Internet cafe). But be warned, the connection is slow and misleading. The coupon says to take it to the Pursers desk before your first session (I did), it would then be applied at your 2nd session (I didn't go a 2nd time). When I logged off, a screen comes up saying I was online for 20 mins at $10. I waited to make sure the screen went back to the homepage. When I got my final seapass statement. The $5.00 was added on (so even if I had gone a 2nd time, taking it off would mean 0 savings) AND I was charged for more minutes than what the screen told me I was. So you're on the clock even after you get your "account statement" from the computer, while you're waiting to make sure it disconnects. In all, RCI got an additional $15 out of me for internet use. I could afford the cruise so I didn't squawk about the charge. You'd be better off finding an internet cafe in port.

Archived