Holiday Cookout Anyone?

bookworm0911

Who's having a Memorial Day cookout or other holiday festivity today? We have one every year with all the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs and tons of neighbors and family bringing food and more food. I love these events!

Hope it will be as good as the HAL bbq's! (That keeps this thread OT. :D )

Not me. We usually have one but didn`t quite feel like it this year.

Our youngest son just got back from the Middle East, just wish I could do more with him besides pray for his safety.......jean:cool:

Hey, nobody invited me. I was just waiting for the invitation. I was sitting at home all weekend by the phone. But the phone didn't ring.

Sorry, Karen, I must have left the message on the wrong answering machine. ;) We're not eating until tonite so maybe you can still make it. We're having filets on the grill, twice baked potatoes, asparagus/avocado salad and cherry tomato/red onion salad plus peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. YUM!

Let me know what time your flight gets in and we'll pick you up! :)

With DH not up to par, we are having a quiet day at home. Later we will grill some hot dogs. Thankfully I didn't plan on anything this year as it is extremly hot and humid. We were sitting out back for a fw hours this morning but had to give up around noon when the heat was too much for DH.

:) We said No, Thank You this year.

We were with friends Friday Night and out to dinner again with a different couple Saturday night. Had two really fun evenings out. DH wants to get some lobsters for me to steam. We had 2 1/2 pounders a few weeks ago and they were so scrumtious, he wants them again :) but I think we'll be putting chicken on the grill.

Archived