Amsterdam Gems of the Baltic - June 2 - Brief Review

I seem to have a problem trying to start a new thread from the ship via. AOL. For this reason I decided to start it tonight and will probably not continue until sometime June 3. We have 3 CC couples on the trip and will be meeting in the Explorer's Lounge at 11:30 a.m. on June 3 -- one couple from Canada and one from Indianapolis. We are all excited at this point and trying to finish packing.

This will be our 4th Baltic trip, the second one on HAL, and we will be taking 5 teenagers and parents of three of them. Two will be our great niece & nephew and we will leave from Tampa with them helping the "old folks". The Canadian couple and our group are all arriving in Copenhagen 1 day early so we are hoping our paths will cross in Tivoli or else at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner (at the entrance to Tivoli).

As I noted previously our other 3 cabins had a call from the upgrade fairy and the teens are excited about finally having a window. This is their 3rd cruise and usually we only provide the inside cabins!!

This is a VERY port intensive trip -- only 1 day at sea. I have purchased many tours already -- especially the Berlin train trip for all others. DH and I will just relax on the ship for that long day but will join them on the 1/2 day trips. We spent 4 days in Berlin before the wall came down so that is enough.

Hope I can successfully report along the way -- do check back. Elinor C.

Hope I can successfully report along the way

So do I! I'll be looking forward to your reports.

I loved my time spent in the Baltic a few years ago. Hope your time there is even better.

I will look forward to your Baltic review also and compare notes, as I'm booked for the June12th sailing. This itinerary seems to be the favorite of SO MANY, I am counting the minutes until we leave.

Hey Ruth, how's everything in beautiful downtown Warwick? Actually, I was there a couple of weeks ago to see the eye doctor,but I made sure I stayed away from that "unmentionable" bridge. I realize I have become unaccustomed to so much traffic, especially on Route 2!! ML:D

Thanks for your nice greetings -- I'll do my best and hope we won't freeze to death. It is amazing to me that there is space on this June 2 trip in every category but friends across the street from us had trouble getting what they wanted on the Rotterdam July 4 -- of course it is 12 days so that may appeal to many others. Until hopefully late on June 3 -- I'll try to report. Elinoir

Dear Elinor:

Hope your Baltic cruise is lots of fun. Hopefully, you will find time to go to the Production Shows in the evening. My daughter, Erin, and her husband, Michael, are the lead singers! They rehearsed in LA for two months prior to boarding the ship in April, and really appreciate a receptive audience. If you see them sometime during your cruise, tell them Mom and Dad said "Hi" and we miss them very much! Can't wait to see them in September for the Canada/New England cruise. Looking forward to your day-by-day review of your cruise. Happy sailing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and apologies -- the CC would not let me continue this thread from the ship so I gave up!! They told me I was not registered!! I even asked the "host" for instructions before I left but never received an answer. All was great on the ship and when the jet-lag has subsided I will continue in detail. Best of all is that our favorite Maitre'd Tri was on so we were thrilled!!

My desk top is acting up and I'm working from laptop so hard to manage.

Had fun with the two other cc's that were on board and so nice to meet.

Will get back soon -- Cruising Illini

Archived