…Dropping in to say thanks...Alaska was great!!!

lalady_too

…Just back from Alaska (Mercury – May 19-26). We have taken several other cruises, but this was our first to Alaska. Yes, we changed captains and were late disembarking at certain ports, but it was a good cruise…THANKS TO YOU WHO REGUALLY POST INFO ON THESE BOARDS.

We used these boards to decide which excursions to take, how to pack, which camera to take along, etc. It was so very helpful!!!

Also, the weather was spectacular! The temperatures were in the high 50s and I think that it rained only twice….never on the excursions!!! I’d like to share a few pictures with you later….seals, eagles, sea lions, humpbacks, and yes…EVEN ORCA (got a pic of a calf breaching and some other great shots) were spotted on this cruise. Brent Nixon was our naturalist (very knowledgeable and entertaining), and we were surprised to see him board Captain Larry’s boat….Being in a boat surrounded by Orca was an experience of a lifetime...several came so close that we could almost reach out and touch them.....

Great trip!!! This board is the best for finding out info :) Can I ask you if you had snow, where and howe much??? I am thinking of going to Alaska next year at the same time and I want to be sure that there will be snow on the mountains!!!

2CutiesCruisin,

Yes, individuals on these boards are incredibly helpful! Our trip would not have been the same had we tried to make plans on our own….

Snow covered the mountaintops throughout the cruise (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan)…less in Ketchikan than the others...and was simply incredible when climbing the mountains up ~2900 ft. on the White Pass Train in Skagway....There, my DH estimates that it was 24" deep and more in some places (we were very high up).... Of course it was magnificent at Hubbard Glacier….

Archived