Drinking water

JoLynn

I'm sure this has been posted, but I cannot find the answer. We leave on Ecstasy on June 3. Is water safe to drink out of the faucets? If not, do they charge for bottled water? Thank you very much for your help!

Perfectly safe. It is probably better than your water at home and will taste better as well. We've never had bad water on any cruise (11 of them).

They charge for bottled water that they have in the cabin, as well as the soft drinks and mixers in the refrig.

Mark T

We've been on over 25 cruises, including one on Ecstasy, and, except for cruises in China and Egypt, have always used the water from bathroom faucets and we are doing just fine. You would have to pay for bottled water and usually there is a bottle for sale in your room.

Yes, you can drink the water out of the faucets. It's safe and doesn't taste bad at all. I brought a few bottles of water onboard in my carry-on but when I was in the cabin, I used the tap water. You can also buy bottled water. The cabin steward will put a bottle of water in your cabin and will charge your Sign and Sail card if you use it.

Guest YesitDonna

I bring a couple of bottles on the ship and then use them to refill on the Lido deck before going onshore. It's colder watern then from the tap.

Eh, I don't care for the water from the faucet (then again, I generally don't care for any water from a faucet... just doesn't feel right, LOL)... plus, it's not cold... BUT, the water up on deck from the dispensers which is free, is WONDERFUL. The water in the dining room is also very good... if you don't care for the tap water, there is plenty of free water up on the lido deck.

Tip - the water from the toilets is colder and tastes better than water from the faucet..

just kidding! please dont do that.

seriously though, read up on 'desalination units' if you ever want to inquire about how you get fresh water on a cruise ship. and no, they dont fill up a big tank in port (like diesel fuel) and have a finite supply.

I AM A WATER DRINKER...

I always bring one of my insulated mugs with me...

I take the mug to the lido and fill it up with ice and water.......

Also bring along a empty water bottle is a great ideal,take it with you when

going off the ship,,,,,,,,,,,of course fill it up with water...LOL...

The weather can get very warm.........So a bottle of cold ship water

can be very good.............

Have a great cruise........

Eh, I don't care for the water from the faucet (then again, I generally don't care for any water from a faucet... just doesn't feel right, LOL)... plus, it's not cold... BUT, the water up on deck from the dispensers which is free, is WONDERFUL. The water in the dining room is also very good... if you don't care for the tap water, there is plenty of free water up on the lido deck.

I didn't care for the taste of the tap water at all. The water in the restaurants was fine - maybe it was because it was cold. I drink filtered water at home, so I'm a little pickier than most. We ended up using the one BIG bottle of water they put in your room for us to take our medicines (our family may as well be a walking pharmacy! lol).

I always drink the tap water out of the cabin's bathroom faucet and refill water bottles there as other have mentioned and I never got sick. On the Victory in 2002 however there were black chunks of something coming out of the faucets. I didn't get sick, but it kind of grossed me out.

I always drink the tap water out of the cabin's bathroom faucet and refill water bottles there as other have mentioned and I never got sick. On the Victory in 2002 however there were black chunks of something coming out of the faucets. I didn't get sick, but it kind of grossed me out.

Yeah, when watching the show on the water filtration, I could have sworn that the water in the cabins is not filtered to the point of drinking water... fine to drink I'm sure, but I am not sure that it is AS filtered as the drinking water... so I generally stick with what is meant for drinking. Perhaps that is what makes it taste odd to me. Heck, I won't drink out of the faucet out of my own house unless it is run through the filter... just a little picky about my h2o :D

Archived