Cruise Tour food

rhsjr

:D We are taking a HAL cruise tour 7/29-8/10. Once we leave the ship in Skagway, for the most part we will be on our own for meals. We will be stopping in Whitehorse, Beaver Creek, Fairbanks, and of course Denali. Could I get some recommendations for breakfast and dinner (good food, reasonable prices) in these locations?

Thanks

It depends where you are staying, some Fairbanks properties are not near anything but the hotel resturants. Fairbanks usually has a shuttle bus to Pioneer Park with a good salmon bake. Talkeetna has the Roadhouse the place to be for lunch and breakfast. the Latitude for dinner.

Denali park has Glitter Gulch- Subway, Bubbs Subs, a pizza place. Hotels have their own resturants that are usually good.

We'll be staying at Sophie Station and we're wondering if transportation is available to The Cookie Jar restaurant which I understand is about 3 miles from the hotel. I understand the restaurant opens at 6:30 and we need to be back to the hotel by 8:00 to meet our tour guide. I believe we would have enough time if transportation is available. Thank you for any responses.

LML,

Are you on a Celebrity tour? If so, when is your trip and how did you get the time you'd be meeting your tour guide. My information is very sketchy at this time.

LML,

Are you on a Celebrity tour? If so, when is your trip and how did you get the time you'd be meeting your tour guide. My information is very sketchy at this time.

Yes, we are on a Celebrity tour. Our trip is next week and I found the information by reading previous boards. We also received our tickets two weeks ago which contains our itinerary and the time lengths of the tours for the land portion, but not exact times. I'm just judging the times by previous cruiser's posts.

I've been researching Cruise Critic since we scheduled our trip a year ago and it has helped me with alot of our decisions. I highly suggest it in your planning!

LML,

I just found out about CC a month or so ago and I've picked up tons of info. Might have done a few things differently if I'd known then (last June when we booked) what I know now, but I'm satisfied that we will have a great vacation. Just can't wait for August to get here!

I would love to hear from you after your cruisetour! I started a thread - Celebrity CruiseTours - Anyone Back Yet? Please share your trip with us when you return!!! Have a fantastic time!

LML,

I just found out about CC a month or so ago and I've picked up tons of info. Might have done a few things differently if I'd known then (last June when we booked) what I know now, but I'm satisfied that we will have a great vacation. Just can't wait for August to get here!

I would love to hear from you after your cruisetour! I started a thread - Celebrity CruiseTours - Anyone Back Yet? Please share your trip with us when you return!!! Have a fantastic time!

DJ--CC is just great! I found myself addicted to it since I found out about it many years ago and use it for planning all our cruises. It's so much fun to read what others have to report and keeps me off the streets (lol). Hopefully I will have time during our trip to take lots of notes--I usually do try, but after the first few days, I slack off. But since this is a trip of a lifetime, I'm going to try to be better and will have a good report. I owe it to CC for all the information I have derived from these boards.

August will get here quickly, I'm sure, and my cruise will be far behind as you are just setting sail. Enjoy your planning, CC surfing and you cruise!

Luv: We'll be in Fairbanks next week too. What day are you thinking of going to the Cookie Jar? We have a car rented.:D

We have a group of seven going. I think we are planning on going on either Monday or Tuesday. If you were offering to share a ride, we appreciate it; but we'll have to find another resource. I may just call the hotel and find out about the transportation. Thanks, anyway!

Yes, we are on a Celebrity tour. Our trip is next week and I found the information by reading previous boards. We also received our tickets two weeks ago which contains our itinerary and the time lengths of the tours for the land portion, but not exact times. I'm just judging the times by previous cruiser's posts.

I've been researching Cruise Critic since we scheduled our trip a year ago and it has helped me with alot of our decisions. I highly suggest it in your planning!

Are you on the June 10th cruise? If so we have a roll call going on. Several of us are on different cruise tours as well.

We just returned from our 2 week Alaska vacation...7 day cruise and then 5 days on our own to Denali, Talkeetna and Anchorage. We found restaurants in the Denali area to be slim pickins! We did find Lynx Pizza which is at the Princess Lodge and ate there 2 nights. It was some of the best pizza that I've ever had. It was pretty reasonably priced also. (Med pizza and 2 drinks was $22) We also tried Salmon Bake which was across the street. It was ok, a little overpriced. There is a little convenience store next to Salmon Bake that carries snacks and such. We picked up some cereal and milk so that we could have it for breakfast. We did try Fannie's Flapjacks which is in the same place that the Cabin Nite Dinner Theater is located. (I think this is Holland America's resort) Fannie's is a family style restaurant, meaning they sit you with a group of 8-10 people and they just keep bringing food out to your table and you all share it. They served bacon, sausage, eggs, flapjacks, fruit, fried potatoes, biscuits and juice and coffee. It was a little pricey for breakfast. (around $32-36 I think for 2) In Talkeetna we ate at The Roadhouse (recommended by Budget Queen of course ;) ) and it was pretty good. Desserts are to die for! It's a neat atmosphere also.

Archived