New England Ports - Dock or Tender?

maf74dance

I originally posted this in the United States Port of Call board, but then learned about this New England board when it was suggested I post here! Sorry for the double post, but I haven't found a way - if there is one - to delete posts.

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if this is where this post should go or not - I'm never totally sure, but I'm hoping someone could help either way. I also apologize if this is somewhere else, but I searched for a while and couldn't find anything.

I will be sailing in October aboard the Star Princess to Bar Harbor, Maine; Boston and Newport, RI. Can anyone tell me if the ship docks or tenders in these ports? Also, even though this is a United states board, we'll also be visiting St. John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia - does anyone know about those ports, too?

Thanks a bunch for any help - I appreciate it!

This is based on a 2001 sailing on the NCL Sea but I don't think things have changed. As stated before, Bar Harbor and Newport are tendered. They are small harbors. Halifax is docked and port side was best, or be on the port side when you sail in because we had a wonderful bagpipe greeting. Don't know about St. John's as we went to Martha's Vineyard instead. Boston is docking. Was in Bar Harbor last Summer and all the ships were tendered.

Have a great time, it was a great area to visit and I envy you going for the fall colors!

Archived