Thoughts on Back to Back to Alaska

CrusinAgain

Seattle is our closest port we could drive to, but the ports that the ships go to show limited time and so is the glacier viewing and Carnival doesn't leave from there.

If we left out of Vancouver the North/South trips look really appealing and now I am starting to think of the back to back trip instead of paying the $600 airfare each.

Would you consider a back to back cruise on the same ship or would you try to change to a different line?

We would definitely want balcony on one of the ways.

Seattle is our closest port we could drive to, but the ports that the ships go to show limited time and so is the glacier viewing and Carnival doesn't leave from there.

If we left out of Vancouver the North/South trips look really appealing and now I am starting to think of the back to back trip instead of paying the $600 airfare each.

Would you consider a back to back cruise on the same ship or would you try to change to a different line?

We would definitely want balcony on one of the ways.

Well, why not do the Glacier Bay round trip instead? If you do a B2B, you'll be seeing the same ports coming and going.....

Well, why not do the Glacier Bay round trip instead? If you do a B2B, you'll be seeing the same ports coming and going.....

Yes...been thinking about that one also. There are only 2 that leave this year and only 1 we could take. I see you took this trip. How long did you cruise Glacier Bay - the itinerary doesn't say. Were you pleased?

I'm planning a b2b for Alaska - 2008. If you can drive to Seattle, you could possibly get a transfer from the cruiseline for ships leaving from Vancouver. Cruiselines often fly passengers into Seattle for itineraries leaving from Vancouver. You could park at the airport (don't know the cost of that vs parking at the port), get the cruiseline transfers and take 2 different itineraries.

I asked about the b2b over on the Alaska board and was pointed to a really informative thread about b2b Alaska options. You might want to pop over there and look at the thread and its links (thread entitled "Back-to-back...sorta").

If I didn't have to pay the airfare, there would not be any question in my mind...I'd do a b2b in a heartbeat. You won't be paying that much more and you'll double your pleasure!

If you book, post back here and let us know what itineraries you decided upon.

Archived