Disney hotel then to Port Cananveral?

Cruisin Amy

Easiest way without a rental car from a Disney Hotel to Port Canaveral...

We family of 4 would like to use Disney Magical Express for 3 or 4 days before Sovereign....Trying to think of the easiest way....would it be less of a hassle to pay for a limo or towncar from the Hotel to the Pier...vs. Disney Magical Express to the Airport then the RCCL transfers to the Pier?

Of course we would love to try Disney Cruise but $1,500.00 more is a lot of money!

If transfers vs limo are close in cost it would be easier for the limo!

What does everyone else do?

Kids are 7 and 11

Thanks!

We did this in 2004 and used FL Tours for all our transportation needs. They were great! Waiting for us at the airport and arrived early at the resort to take us to the port. Same thing for the return. It was nice to jump off the ship at 8:30 and have a limo waiting. Others were jealous!

We used the same company last fall to get us from our hotel to the port.

http://www.fltours.com/

I forgot what I read about the Disney Express, but in the long run, you pay for that service and with a good bit of waiting also.

Last August, we used HappyLimo to take us from Disney to the RCCL cruiseport and from the cruiseport to the airport. The roundtrip gave us a bit of a discount.

We had a group of seven so we had to use a van instead of a towncar. The kids thought it was great when they showed up at PopCentury with a stretchlimo instead of a van. :cool: It was a Ford Econoline150 at the cruiseport. :(

If you check on Mousesavers.com they will have a discount coupon number for HappyLimo. You can book online at HappyLimo's website.

For four people, there won't be much of a cost difference between taking Disney's transportation back to the airport and then getting RCCL transfers compared to the limo service. However, the limo service is a lot less hastle.

Les

Four of us (2 couples) took a cab to the airport from Disney Swan Hotel, and then the RCCL shuttle to the pier. After the cruise the RCCL shuttle back to the airport.

Worked out real cheap for us, but that may have been because RCCL screwed up and never charged us for the shuttle.:rolleyes:

My DW and I were married on the Disney Magic in January. The night before we and other family members stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, and we had Mystic Limo pick all of us up to go to the port. There were six of us and it cost around $60.00 per person.

We've done several Disney Resort followed by a Cruise out of Port Canaveral. One time we used Magical Express, which is terrific, one way to Disney. Then the morning of the cruise we went to the Doubletree Hotel in Downtown Disney Area and rented a Budget Rent a Car. We drove to Port Canaveral, dropped off the car at Budget less than 2 miles from the ship and they dropped us off at the pier. Worked out great.

Another time we arranged for Art's Shuttle to pick us up at Disney, drop us off at the pier and then pick us up after the cruise and drop us off at the airport.

This year we are sailing out of Miami on the FOS so we don't need any transportation because we have friends picking us up.

Good Luck, enjoy Disney and your Cruise!

We used Magical Express to get to our Disney hotel from the MCO airport. If you use their luggage tags, Disney folks will pick up you bags and take them to the hotel for you after a while. We forgot to tag our bags, so picked them up, wheeled across the luggage area to bus loading and they took the bags on our bus with us- no waiting for bags at the hotel. On the way back, Magical Express will take you to "baggage claim" and there we bought RCCL bus transfers (charged to our shipboard accounts) to the pier.

Last summer, I believe the RT transfer was $50 per person for Royal Caribbean from Orlando International to Port Canevarel. Since we had seven in our group, it was a no-brainer to rent a chauffered van.

I went to the Happy Limo website and I think it will cost you $110 to $130 for a TownCar or Caddy for the trip from DW to the port. There is a modest discount available.

I would really worry about taking the Magical Express back to the airport and trying to get the RCCL shuttle. First, Magical Express uses a truck to transport your luggage from the airport to the Disney resort. Your bags won't go on the motor coach with you. We flew Southwest from Midway to Orlando and we didn't see our luggage after it was checked in at Midway until there was a knock on the door at the Disney resort. Yes, the smiling bellman had every suitcase.

I suspect they use this same arrangement for transport back to the airport. So, you will have to track down your luggage at the Orlando airport to make sure it gets to the RCCL transfer. For the $ difference, rent a vehicle to take you directly from Disney World to the port. Baggage tips at the airport would probably eat up any cost savings associated with taking the Magical Express back to the airport. If I remember correctly, we were picked up about 10:45 am at Disney World and we were eating lunch on the Sovereign by 12:30 pm or so.

Les

You can use magical express without checking your luggage. You are free to have the driver store your luggage in the area under the bus. This way when you get the airport, you can pick up your luggage as soon as you exit the bus.

Last summer we used magical express for MCO to our Disney hotel then Art's shuttle to the port . They picked us up out front of the hotel and dropped us right at the ship. I have done the car rental optoion as well as the ship transfers as well. I would go with Art's shuttle (or similar shuttle service ) from now on.

Archived