Queen Mary visits Bayonne......

guernseyguy

From another board (I think its Pepper):

Which ships sre going to be in New York 30 9 06? esp Red Hook? QM2 is going to dock in New Jersey that day.

The New York Cruise Terminal schedule has 1 Carnival & 2 Norwegian ships in Manhattan, and the Crown Princess in Brooklyn:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/sched.html#

So the suggestion is that the QM2 gets bumped to New Jersey......and the Cunard website, listing departure from New York, New York, really should read Bayonne, New Jersey.......

....Wonder how they decided which ship to give priority too.....possibly Princess as more pax.....

....ah well, its only an $80 cab ride from La Guardia to 'Cape Liberty' Cruise Terminal.

....and it looks almost as nice as Red Hook.....

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/imagepages/im_portvistas08.htm

Peter

From another board (I think its Pepper):

Which ships sre going to be in New York 30 9 06? esp Red Hook? QM2 is going to dock in New Jersey that day.

Peter

Peter

Quite right, 'twas me

Southampton to Nooo Jaarsey by Cunard Queen!

Does anyone have actual confirmation that they are using the RCCL facility in Bayonne?

This really doesn't make sense to me... When QM2 and a Princess ship are both in NY in the same day, they "bump" QM2, not the Princess ship. Why? Wasn't the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal basically built for QM2? But Princess ships get priority?

Visited SAGA RUBY there on Monday. It is a very nice facility with a lovely view to make up for its relative inconvenience to Manhattan.

It maybe because the Crown is doing roundtrips out of New York, imagine the confusion if they said your cruise is starting at Red Hook and ending at Cape Liberty.

Does anyone have actual confirmation that they are using the RCCL facility in Bayonne?

This really doesn't make sense to me... When QM2 and a Princess ship are both in NY in the same day, they "bump" QM2, not the Princess ship. Why? Wasn't the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal basically built for QM2? But Princess ships get priority?

quote]

Doug

From Cunard, "Westbound Transatlantic Crossing, Queen Mary 2 M634 - 6 Nights. September 2006 24 Sun Southampton Depart 6.00 pm....... 30 Sat Bayonne, New Jersey (for New York) Arrive 6.00 am".

I can't explain it either!

I do not think the new Brooklyn Cruise Terminal was basically built for the QM2.

I thought it was built so New York City could expand cruise facilities and create a modern cruise terminal on the Brooklyn waterfront, turning old existing piers 11 and 12 into a $30 million facility.

One liner coming in a few times yearly wouldn't carry this debt. The city offered preferential berths to both NCL and Carnival. This sweetened the departure from the NY Cruise Terminal.

Archived