Orlando Airport Marriot

Az_Redneck

Anyone ever stay here? We're booked here through Travelocity. We have to go from the airport to the hotel, and the next morning go from the hotel to the airport and take the shuttle to the port. This sounds like a big pain. Anyone have any tips? Anyone know of any liquor stores or supermarkets nearby so we can get some soda (and booze to smuggle...shhhh) onboard?

I have stayed there frequently. It is a very nice facility--quiet, comfortable rooms. It is one of the closest hotels to the airport, so the shuttle is very fast, although I do appreciate the hassle factor. It has a wonderful gym and indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub that I always enjoyed.

But it is in a touristy area with some of the most expensive gas in the country a block away. I don't remember any grocery stores very convenient, but I wasn't looking at the time.

My family and I have stayed there many, many times. It is a beautiful hotel with many amenities including 2 full-service restaurants and room service with delicious food. Also, through room service, you can order Pizza Hut pizza that is made on site. I believe it can also be found in the bar there.

As Naismith said, the pool is nice as well. Very big, and seldom crowded. There is also a snack bar out by the pool, and a deck and gazebo overlooking a lake. If you have children, they have a children's pool as well.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Anyone know of any liquor stores or supermarkets nearby so we can get some soda (and booze to smuggle...shhhh) onboard?

I lived close to there and worked at the airport. The closest supermarkets and liquor store are too far to walk if you don't have a car. If you have a rental car, you would turn right coming out of the hotel onto the main road (Semoran Blvd.) AWAY from the aiport. Within about a mile you will hit 'civilization' with stores, restaurants, etc. There may be a convenience store (7-11 type) within walking distance.

Hey AZ, I don't know if you're interested but we got a great rate at an Amerisuites ($69 plus tax) Universal. We've got a car though, so I'm not sure about shuttles and stuff. But it's only a mile from City Walk and we're going there that night. Expedia has the rate.

Appreciate the tip. We already booked through Travelocity at $50 at the Marriot. I can't remember if that's for both of us or each. We booked last February. I'll have to check my travel docs. Have you found out where you are on the ship yet? We're on the Upper Deck.

It sounds like you won't have a rental car. If you did have a car, or are on a private shuttle where they will make a stop along the way, you might want to pick up something in Cocoa on the way to the port. There is a Publix just off of 528. Don't know where there is a liquor store enroute, so you'd be better off to go somewhere in Orlando.

I've stayed at the Marriott a couple of times. We have always paid between $50 and $55 on Priceline.

Archived