Taku Lodge Tour In Juneau

PIGSKIN

I took the Taku Lodge tour many, many years ago, yet every time someone is doing the Alaska cruise, I tell them to take that tour. The small plane flight over the glaciers was awesome, the lodge was something out of a movie, the food-salmon especially-perfect, and scenery Alaska at its best. You'll never regret this tour.

Ginny

We took this tour 5 years ago. The flight and food were delicious. The short walk through the woods to a waterfall was beautiful. We spotted a bear sleeping in the woods on our walk. As soon as we sat down to eat in the lodge, he helped himself to the remains of our salmon feast by climbing on the grill. I think he was somewhat tame, but it was still very thrilling.

I recommend this tour to anyone visiting Juneau. It was my favorite shore excursion ever taken.

Beth

We too did this tour. I told my husband when he chose it that this was a complete waste of money because I hate salmon ! Boy ! Did I ever have to eat my words !!!! I just LOVED the lunch ! and the scenery was AWESOME ! The white salmon just melted in my mouth !

Next to Glacier Bay it turned out to be my favourite excursion !

I Am Signed Up To Go On The Taku Lodge Floatplane Tour In A Couple Wks--has Anyone Been On This And If So Then How Was It?

We have done it twice before and we are going to do it again in August.:D

But book the excursion early, it fills up pretty quick. The reason these flights are so expensive is that they have to cancel a lot of them due to the weather and they only have four months to make a living. Alaska was meant to be seen from the air!!!!

We've done it twice, also. If you get the opportunity, sit in the co-pilots seat!

There's pics of our two trips here and here. THe scenery is fantastic, the flight is exciting and the food is delicious. But do watch out for the mosquitos!

Thank You All For Answering. The Last Cruise I Took To Alaska Was In The Month Of September And They Had To Cancel The Taku Tour Because Of High Winds. I Asked When Is The Best Time To Go And They Said June/july....

I have taken the tour about 8 times. It never ceases to amaze me. The scenery, the people at the lodge, the pilot on the airplane (ask early if you can sit up front next to the pilot - it only makes this better).

Enjoy, take LOTS of pics and let us know how much you truly loved this trip. A unique Alaskan experience.

Just got home from Vancouver. We were on the Volendam May 24 - 31 and took the floatplane to Taku Lodge. It was fantastic, as everyone as already told you. We were visited by a black bear, who found the sand covered with salmon drippings very delicious! It was eating the sand out of the barbeque. Talk about a great photo op!

Archived